Discount code management

Solved
crashbandicoot
Excursionist
31 0 4

I have different discount codes with various discounts amounts, including discounts from things like Rewards programs. I want to have a sitewide sale with a discount automatically applied on all products, but I want to make sure that people aren't able to stack discount codes on top of each other to get an even bigger discount on an item. So for example, a sitewide discount could be 20% off everything, but they have a 10% discount from the Rewards program. I want to prevent customers from using it during the sale event.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening, such as an app or even a setting on Shopify? 

0 Likes
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
77 10 20

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @crashbandicoot!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Are you creating your discount codes directly from your Shopify admin? If so, the Shopify discount feature doesn't allow customers to stack multiple discount codes. So if a customer goes to checkout with one discount code, they can't also use another on top of it, as only one discount at a time applies to a single order on checkout. More information on this and our discount feature can be found here on our FAQ.

In terms of your rewards program however, are you using a third-party app for this? When using a third-party rewards or discount app, they tend to work differently and a lot of them have the ability to stack multiple discount codes. If you're unsure on whether or not your rewards program app offers this functionality, you can reach out to the app developers for more information. This is because third-party apps are created by developers outside of Shopify, so it's best to double check with the app developers so that they can confirm the full functionality of the app. Depending on the app and how that's been created, you can also potentially ask if they have any workarounds too that they can offer you in order to prevent discount codes from stacking during the length of your promotion.

Once you've found a solution to your discount stacking queries with the rewards program, it's also a good idea to start thinking about how you'll spread the word of your store-wide discount. A popular method is through sending out an email marketing campaign, and this method remains one of the most effective ways stores can drive sales. A great email marketing campaign is clear, personalized, and relevant. Check out our Email marketing best practices blog here, if you need some tips and tricks.

Let me know how you go with the information I've laid out above! I'd be happy to help if you have any other questions.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes