Solved

Discounts for buying more than 1 products

Robbyn
Tourist
11 0 2

Hello,

I would like to offer discounts for buying more than 1 item. For example buy 3 of the same items, recieve 15% off, buy 5 get 20% off, buy 10 get 30% off

Thank you for your time, and help

Accepted Solution (1)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Robbyn !

Natively, our platform allows you to create an automatic discount that is based on the number of products in the cart. Once that number is reached, an automatic percentage or amount will be deducted at checkout. 

With that being said, the system will not allow you to set more than one active automatic discount. So if you are looking to have tiered discounts such as buy 3, buy 4, buy 5, with different deduction amounts, you will need to consider an application for this. 

We have quite a few application options from our App Store that you may consider. Notably, the Custom Tiered Discount application is a good option for what you are trying to achieve and allows you to offer diferent discounts to different groups of customers. Some of our Bundle Discount apps might suit your needs as well. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Robbyn !

Natively, our platform allows you to create an automatic discount that is based on the number of products in the cart. Once that number is reached, an automatic percentage or amount will be deducted at checkout. 

With that being said, the system will not allow you to set more than one active automatic discount. So if you are looking to have tiered discounts such as buy 3, buy 4, buy 5, with different deduction amounts, you will need to consider an application for this. 

We have quite a few application options from our App Store that you may consider. Notably, the Custom Tiered Discount application is a good option for what you are trying to achieve and allows you to offer diferent discounts to different groups of customers. Some of our Bundle Discount apps might suit your needs as well. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @Robbyn 

This is PageFly - Landing page builder.

You can try to use the WideBundle app to create Bogo, volume discount.

Hope this will helps you!

PauloM
Shopify Partner
47 1 3

Hey @Robbyn,

If you are still looking for an app that offers tiered pricing or volume discounts, I would recommend checking PickyStory's Kits deal. 

Kits enable you to upsell with tiered pricing and quantity breaks to incentivize customers to add more products - Buy X Get Y.
Examples:
  • Buy 3 A+B+C for $100 or 6 for $120
  • Buy 2 A+B+C for 10% or 3 for 20%
See live example here

PauloM_0-1651381889365.png

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Paulo M. | PickyStory

E-commerce expert? Join our partner program!

cronics
Shopify Partner
36 0 1

Hi @Robbyn ,

That is an essential functionality for any volume discount app. But using the Quantity X app, you could boost sales volume with upsell messaging across the sales funnel (on the product page, cart page, and checkout page). Try for free. 

Quantity X is a volume discount app with an upsell funnel. Try for free https://bit.ly/Quantity-X