Error when approving app subscription

miguelhuchim
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I created a recurring plan of 0.00 USD with test=false (Because it is free charge) but when I click on the approve subscription button I get the error "The store cannot accept the charge provided".

Captura de Pantalla 2021-11-04 a la(s) 11.39.31.png

- It is being tested in a development store

In the google chrome console it shows the following error in the request:

{"errors":[{"message":"Variable $signature of type String! was provided invalid value","locations":[{"line":1,"column":49}],"extensions":{"value":null,"problems":[{"path":[],"explanation":"Expected value to not be null"}]}}]}

Does anyone know what it could be?

Replies 5 (5)

GregoriaGroup
Visitor
2 0 1

Same Exact issue. Someone, please help us!!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 3.51.59 PM.png

Alex312
Shopify Partner
11 0 8

One year later still dealing with this same issue. Partner support says I cannot do a test charge on a development store, which my gut says is probably not accurate.. Has anybody solved this yet?

GregoriaGroup
Visitor
2 0 1
I was forced to pay for it, then migrate to a new account, which was really scary, and then call them to cancel, but they still charged me for the 2 months. Luckily client understood and paid for it. It would be really nice if support could chime in……………..
miguelhuchim
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

In my case, the documentation mentions "For testing purposes you can include "test": true when creating the charge. This prevents the credit card from being charged. Test and demo stores cannot be charged".

My problem was that when sending the app to review, is that in the test attribute I was sending false instead of null and that caused me to get the error.

miguelhuchim_0-1656611016136.png

https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2022-04/resources/applicationcharge#resource-object

Alex312
Shopify Partner
11 0 8

Even if i send the test:true key/value it doesn't work using the GraphQL version.

If i use the Rest version, I am able to test it. But I need the ability to use annual or monthly billing, which the Rest version doesn't support.