How to manage inventory for products with numerous variants?

meredithriddle
Visitor
2 0 0

Our products require more than the allowed number of variants that Shopify has. We have 30-40 colors of one bracelet style, each of these colors are offered in 3 sizes. We are looking for an app that allows unlimited number of variants that we can track inventory with. For example, in the color navy we need to be able to put in x number in for each size so we don't sell inventory that we don't have. Need app suggestions please

Replies 5 (5)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @meredithriddle

This is Rae from the Shopify team. Thanks for posting this question, and sharing more about your products and the amount of variants your store requires. 

Some popular apps that offer more than 100 variant options are: 

It's important to mention that each of these apps are fully supported by developers who are external to Shopify. This means that if you have any questions about setting these apps up, or the billing associated with using the apps, it's best to speak to the app developers directly for more help. You can contact these developers by following these steps

In the meantime though, I'm going to share your feedback on the 100 variant limit with our product team directly. That way, we can review your specific use case further on our end. 

I also wanted to share this blog post and podcast with you, as it outlines how another merchant found success with their own custom jewelry business. It offers some great tips and advice for building this type of business that I thought you might helpful. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and I'll be happy to continue lending a hand! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

meredithriddle
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Rae,
Thanks so much for your input and suggestions. We have previously looked
into all three of these apps before I posted in the Merchant Community, and
it's unfortunate because none of them offer the capabilities we are
needing. We are looking for an app that not only exceeds the 100 variant
options, but also can track inventory/have quantities entered. None of
these have been able to meet the inventory requirements unfortunately! If
you know of anything else or any other app options that CAN track
inventory, please let me know and I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again for your help,
Meredith
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @meredithriddle

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, and sharing more information on the inventory requirements you're looking for. 

The Infinite Product Options app that I linked above does appear to offer inventory control, and help handle inventory for each product option. However, I know you mentioned that you tried this app previously and it didn't work for you, so I recommend contacting the app developers to explain more about your inventory needs. That way, those developers can confirm if their app can manage the specific inventory requirements you have. Here are the steps needed to get in touch with the developers about this. 

It may also be worthwhile to reach out to the developers of the other two apps I mentioned previously, too. Since these developers created these apps, they are the best people to help confirm if their apps are capable of achieving the feature you're looking for. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

DeeDee23
Tourist
5 0 2

I literally don't understand how Shopify cannot do this and this many years in. Even Etsy offers this and they're just a lower level eBay-like setting. Was this ever fixed?
I deleted some sizes but I have to be able to offer sizes 4-13 (quarter, half and full) in 14K rose, yellow and white gold as well as 18K rose, yellow and white gold AND platinum. This puts my variants at around 300+ 

Even for the basics.. just 14K.. over 120 variants.. 

Syncee_Team
Shopify Partner
492 2 42

Hi @meredithriddle 

You can do this with Syncee DataFeed Manager: https://syncee.co/datafeed-manager/

Syncee - Global Dropshipping
Hit 'Like' if our reply was helpful!
Click on 'Accept as Solution' if our reply answered your question!
Visit Our Marketplace!