Solved

*EXTREMELY URGENT* Authenticating Bing Ads Users Through An Embedded App

DavisPresley
Shopify Partner
6 1 2

Hi, I am building a shopify embedded app that should be able to authenticate bing ads users.
I am using React as a frontend technology and Node js as a backend, and I am using express-session.
However, the cookie is not received by the Iframe where the embedded app resides but it is received by my browser.Why is that happening?Can you suggest me possible solutions?

Humongous Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)
Superfunk
Shopify Partner
44 4 8

This is an accepted solution.

I assumed you were using the embedded content in the front end.
I thought that limitation was only for back-end apps.
But anyway.

Try to use JSON Web Tokens: https://shopify.dev/apps/auth/oauth/session-tokens/getting-started

OR

Try to configure CORS for each of your merchants, so each instance of your app could render its assets properly.

If the solution is hosted in Google Cloud I believe that you have to configure a CORS Policy per merchant, and that's a bucket wide measure, I don't know if AWS or Azure have different directives.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
DavisPresley
Shopify Partner
6 1 2

Hi,
Thanks for the answer I tried your solutions and a few more. 
However I still didn't manage to set a cookie.
Could the issue be that shopify forbids third-party cookies?

Superfunk
Shopify Partner
44 4 8

This is an accepted solution.

I assumed you were using the embedded content in the front end.
I thought that limitation was only for back-end apps.
But anyway.

Try to use JSON Web Tokens: https://shopify.dev/apps/auth/oauth/session-tokens/getting-started

OR

Try to configure CORS for each of your merchants, so each instance of your app could render its assets properly.

If the solution is hosted in Google Cloud I believe that you have to configure a CORS Policy per merchant, and that's a bucket wide measure, I don't know if AWS or Azure have different directives.