Why is the Facebook app installation failing on Shopify?

Talha786
Visitor
1 0 1

i try to install facebook app in my store but giving me error

Replies 7 (7)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Talha786!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I would love to help you out with this, but I definitely need some more information in order to do so. Would you be able to reply to this thread with some more information?

• What is the error message you're seeing?
  • Are you having issues installing any other apps?
  • Is the error being displayed when you try to link your Facebook account, or at the point of installing the app?

Some quick troubleshooting steps I recommend are:

• Clear your cache on your browser.
  • Make sure you're logged into the Shopify App Store when trying to download the app.
  • Try on a different device or browser to see if the issue is persistent on those as well.

If the steps above don't work, I'll await your reply so I can help further. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Lumi
Tourist
5 0 2

I'm having the same issue after uninstalling the FB app and trying to re-install it.  I've signed out and signed back in (Shopify, FB etc.), tried different browsers and cleared my cache, but the error keeps appearing.

It keeps saying "There’s a problem connecting to Facebook. Try again soon."

KryssyKlaws
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey! I am also having the same problem. I have tried turning off my pop up blocker, clearing cache, and all. 

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 156

Hi, @Lumi and @KryssyKlaws!

This is likely relating to an open issue we have at the moment on Facebook's end. Facebook has advised us they have their devs working on a fix as we speak so I suggest trying again later.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on our status page as we will provide live updates there.

If you have any ongoing issues after the fix is implemented, please let our live support team know. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Lumi
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Miles 

Just a quick update, I was finally able to connect our FB to our Shopify Store just now.  Thanks for looking into the issue for us!

dylanloria
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, 

I have the same issue. I have uninstall the Facebook App and now I cannot install it anymore

Whamisa
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a similar issues now. Any advice for me?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 11.22.02 PM.png