Free delivery is customer is a subscribing member

jlam93
Tourist
15 1 3

I am trying to setup a membership subscription similar to Dashpass, and to an extent Amazon Prime.

If a customer is a paying member, I would like to automatically give them free delivery on their order. Ideally I'd be able to set this up as one free delivery per week but that's not essential.

Are there any apps that enable this?

Reply 1 (1)
Hilary
Community Manager
Community Manager
551 78 114

Hi, @jlam93

I understand wanting to try and compete with larger companies that offer free shipping to members. We have a blog article about ecommerce fulfillment, free shipping and competing with Amazon if you're interested in reading more. To clarify, do you already have a paid membership system setup in place? If not, you may require more than one app to achieve what you are looking for. 

For memberships, take a look at Bold Memberships. It has built in reoccuring payments so you can charge what you like for your memberships. It gives you the ability to block products, collections, prices, and more for different members. Shipping options are not mentioned in their app description, however. If you think this app could be a good option for you, I'd recommend reaching out to the app developer directly and see if there is a way they can help you achieve a free shipping options for your members. 

Otherwise, if you already have your paid memberships organized, or know another way you plan to charge for them, I'd recommend looking at Bespoke Shipping for creating shipping rates based on customer groups. This app is highly customizable, and you can write your own rules. From what I can understand, setting up one day per week free shipping for members should be achievable with this app, but you can always contact them directly as well for questions. 

Let us know how this goes! 

Hilary | Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog