GDPR

Tarryn
1 0 0

Hello 

Do you have any GDPR apps that can do a data sweep on a request we have had from a customer to remove all personal data?

Thank you 

Tarryn

Replies 2 (2)
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1416 145 258

Hi @Tarryn,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

The good news is that you do not need an app to provide your customer with their data! If you receive an access or portability request, then you will first need to verify the identity of the requester (so that you do not inadvertently provide someone else your customer’s private personal information). And then you can follow these steps:

10-31-27186-49915

The UK Information Commissioner's Office also provides lots of useful information. There's a full Shopify help document on the subject as well that you should absolutely read for clarity too!

It's great to note your thoroughness and dedication to your customers' requests. This will stand you in good stead as a brand and will contribute to your businesses' longevity! A great way to maintain a reputation for reliability, trustworthiness, and customer focus is to keep the lines of communication with your customers open all the time!

Email marketing is really the best and most valuable way of doing this, and Shopify Email is a great tool to this end. I would recommend having a look at our blog post about the different types of email marketing for new, repeat, and prospective customers right here.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any further questions! -Hyde

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Pandectes
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

Hello @Tarryn,

An alternative way to handle these requests and get personalized email notifications both you and the customer, as well as support a customer without having to login or even guest customers is to use our application GDPR Compliance Center. We provide all these features and many more and this request forms can be added as widget to any page you like available to all EU languages.