GET Merchant ID - Possible via API?

Manish_Pahwa
4 0 0

Hi Team,

Wondering if it possible to retrieve the payment merchant ID for a spotify account via API. Thanks.

Background: Working with a fintech company in the payments and rewards sphere that want to create cash-back plans based on the payments data from the shopify payment gateway. 

Replies 5 (5)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Manish_Pahwa,

Hank here from Shopify.

A Merchant's ID is deemed sensitive information, so this would not be possible to give out to anyone but the account holder of a store. 

Due to this, it would not be possible for an API to assist with getting this information from a Shopify store.

However, you mentioned Spotify in your comment, so I would not be able to confirm their policies, so if you meant them, I would recommend that you reach out to them directly.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Manish_Pahwa
4 0 0

Hi @Hank , Thanks for the response and confirming that there are no API queries that return Merchant ID. Apologies about the Shopify/Spotify typo as well. 

Is there a support process or webform that can be used by the merchant to get their merchant ID should they require if for some purposes. Secondly am I correct in assuming the merchant ID maps 1:1 with the shopify store. Thanks again

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Not a problem, my friend!

As it stands some payment providers require the Merchant ID to integrate their gateway with the Merchants store, so the account owner would reach out to Shopify to obtain this.

It is a case by case basis, however, as it cannot be used in conjunction with loan requests or other means outside of the Shopify store integration. And yes, you would be correct that each Merchant ID would be associated with their own store.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

Touchaii
Visitor
1 0 0

Who do i email if i wanted to get my Merchant Id and Api key, i’m trying to add quadpay to my store. 

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

Hey, @!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to Shopify Community!

Since you're looking to use a third-party gateway in your store, the gateway's support team is the best point of contact to get a merchant ID and API key. You will likely need to register for an account with them for these credentials to be provided. The support team will explain the exact process and can guide you through the registration.

Once you have a merchant ID and API key, you may head over to the Settings > Payments area in your Shopify admin and add the gateway as an alternative payment method or a third-party provider, depending on the category that the payment gateway falls under. You'll be able to find the available payment gateway in either of those two sections.

Offering split payments in your store is such a great way to encourage customers to place an order. If you aren't aware, we now have a native feature where you can offer interest-free installment payments using Shopify Payments. It's called Shop Pay Installments. If you're based in the US and your store is eligible, you may want to consider it. It's a built-in feature and can be enabled when you use Shopify Payments in your store, so no need for separate registration. To find out if Shop Pay Installments is available in your store and to activate it, follow the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. Click Manage beside Shopify Payments.
  3. Scroll down to Shop Pay. If you see a checkbox for Shop Pay Installments, that means your store is eligible to use it. You may simply check the checkbox and click Save.

Do let me know if you have questions about Shop Pay Installments or any other gateways!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify