Getting Rid of Email Popup

Anthony_Fernand
10 0 0

Hi all,

I have a terribly designed email popup form on my site, and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I don't remember which app put it there, but I want it gone. Can anyone help?

Replies 3 (3)
Lisa
Shopify Staff
242 3 64

Hi, Anthony! 

Lisa here from the Social Care Team. 

If you mean the pop up with the GIF at the top, I found the source. After inspecting this form it indicates this pop up is from Mailchimp - most likely the app MailMunch. If you have installed this app before, it's likely there's still some code lingering. You'd be best to reach out directly to MailMunch on: (855) 624 5686 or email the devs on support@mailmunch.co. They will be able to help you find exactly where this code was installed, and how to remove it.

Hope this sends you in the right direction. 

- Lisa ?

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Klamenzo
3 0 0

Hi Anthony,

As Lisa mentioned, this looks like a Mailchimp form. With a little digging, the Mailchimp instructions indicate that to add a form to your site you have to create the form in the Mailchimp app, then generate the form code and paste the code into your site's theme files. For me this form only appears on your homepage, so I'm going to guess the code is either in your index.liquid file or possibly in your theme.liquid file.

Do you have any more information about how the form was first installed? Removing it might be as easy as locating the source code and deleting it, but you'll want to be careful whenever deleting content from your theme files. Thankfully Shopify has a great web editor, and you'll be able to revert any change you make that have a negative affect.

https://mailchimp.com/help/add-a-pop-up-signup-form-to-your-website/#remove+the+form

Thanks,

-Kevin

mutiadams
1 0 0

Hi all, 

I have this same problem and I've tried figuring out where the pop up is coming from and I can't seem to figure it out. I would really love help getting rid of it from my shop. It completely ruins the look for my store, and my customers are complaining.

www.adekanmi.com is the shop!