Gift Code won't show in Backend

lc-philipp
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey,

we just noticed an order with a discount code that we do not know.

This code is not shown in the "Discounts" tab and also is not used via GoAffPro App. I searched a couple of pages in the backend but could not figure out how this discount code has been created and more importantly is active at all.

Anywhere else I can check for active/usable discount codes?

Thanks!

Best,
Philipp

Replies 4 (4)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi Philipp! When you enter the discount code you've discovered into your Orders search filter, is this the only order that comes up?

24-21-1658-46242

And can you confirm any other apps you do have installed which may have generated a unique discount code? This might include exit popup apps, email marketing, etc.

Besides within an app, the only place you would expect to see discounts listed in your admin (codes or automatic, active or expired) would be under the Discounts section of your admin, as it sounds like you've checked. 

24-06-88725-76252

Let me know what you find! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lc-philipp
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey June, 
thanks for the detailed answer!

Yes I did check the Export as well as the Backend Tab for Discount Codes. I also checked our GoAffPro app which manages some of the discount codes.
It could be that one of our apps has generated this code. But shouldn't it also show up in this list?

We are looking through our apps and system to find the origin. If we are successful I will get back at you. 
Would be glad for any hint or clue 🙂 Maybe there is database info on when this discount code has been activated? We could try and narrow it down if we had more hints 😉 

Best,
Philipp

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

How is the search going, Philipp? 

If the discount code was generated by an app (which I imagine it has been), then we wouldn't necessarily see it listed in your admin's Discount tab but instead will want to look into each app's own dashboard. If you'd like to reach out to our team here, we'll be more than happy to take a look together.

Hope BFCM weekend is treating you well!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lc-philipp
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey June,

thank you very much. We haven't found the origin of the code, yet. But we are on it.

If we cannot find any source until the end of this week I'll get back to you or the provided support link.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Philipp