Google Analytics Order ID Issues?

martyday
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey Folks,

Running into an issue with a few of my clients that seems to have been discussed in the past, but I've not found a fix or resolve for.

Our clients have Google Analytics connected to Shopify, and in the Ecommerce reporting, some transactions are appearing with the appropriate Order IDs, but others are showing in reporting with what appears to be Shopify's Checkout ID.

I see this was also raised a bit ago, but the resolution was unclear:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/shopify-checkout-id-showing-as-order-id-in-ga-ec...

Have there been any fixes or changes pushed which can be applied to resolve for this, or is custom coding needed to fix?

Thanks much!

Reply 1 (1)

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @martyday,

I am Gina from the flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot. I am here to support you.

Here are a few reasons why you might be seeing Shopify's Checkout ID instead of the Order ID in your Google Analytics E-commerce reporting.

- Ensure proper integration

Make sure that the integration between Google Analytics and Shopify is set up correctly. Verify the settings and ensure that the relevant fields, like Order ID, are accurately mapped.

- Account for delayed order processing

Keep in mind that there might be a delay between order placement and the generation of the Order ID in Shopify. If Google Analytics captures the transaction during this delay, it might utilize the Checkout ID instead.

- Assess customizations and third-party apps

If you have customized your Shopify store or installed third-party apps, consider their impact on the transaction tracking process. Discrepancies between the Order ID and Checkout ID could arise due to these modifications.

To troubleshoot and resolve the issue, you can follow these steps.

* Double-check the configuration settings of the Google Analytics and Shopify integration, ensuring that the correct fields, such as Order ID, are properly mapped.

* Place test orders and closely monitor if the Order IDs are accurately recorded in Google Analytics. This will help determine whether the issue occurs intermittently or consistently.

* Make sure that the Shopify tracking code is installed on all pages of your website.

* Evaluate any customizations or third-party apps you have implemented, considering their potential impact on the transaction tracking process. Temporarily disable them and check if the Order IDs are reported correctly in Google Analytics.

* Try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser.

* If the issue persists, reach out to Shopify's support team for further assistance.

Hope this is helpful.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing