This is Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.
To ensure that your Google Analytics integration is functioning correctly in your Shopify store, you can undertake the following steps.
* Validate your Google Analytics tracking code. Confirm that the Google Analytics tracking code is accurately implemented on all pages of your Shopify store. Review the source code of your web pages and search for the Google Analytics code snippet (usually starting with "UA-"). Verify that it is present and appropriately positioned in the header or footer of each page.
* Monitor real-time data tracking. Utilize the Real-Time reports in Google Analytics to check if data is being recorded instantaneously. Access Google Analytics, navigate to the "Real-Time" section, and explore the "Overview" or "Events" report. Engage in various activities on your Shopify store, such as conducting test purchases or visiting specific pages, and observe if the real-time data reflects these actions accurately. This examination will help confirm the collection and processing of data.
* Execute test transactions within your Shopify store and verify if they are being accurately tracked by Google Analytics. Ensure you use different browsers and devices to simulate diverse user scenarios. After completing the test transactions, examine the Conversions or Ecommerce reports in Google Analytics to ensure that the transactions and associated data (e.g., revenue, products) are recorded correctly.
* Validate UTM parameters and campaign tracking. If you employ UTM parameters to track specific marketing campaigns or traffic sources, ensure that the parameters are appended correctly to your URLs. Test the URLs containing UTM parameters by visiting those links and verify if the campaign data is accurately captured in Google Analytics.
* Compare the data derived from Google Analytics with the reports provided by Shopify. Although slight discrepancies may arise due to different tracking methods, the overall numbers should generally align. Pay attention to notable differences or patterns that emerge and investigate further if necessary.
* Take advantage of debugging tools or browser extensions like Google Tag Assistant or Google Analytics Debugger to inspect the Google Analytics implementation on your Shopify store. These tools can help identify any errors or issues with the tracking code and offer valuable insights for troubleshooting.