Google App - Google Merchant Centre - Feed issue

Joanna-Polyanna
4 0 0

Hi, 

Going round in circle, so please help if you can.

I've been suspended by Google for "Misrepresentation of self or product (Untrustworthy promotions)". With a great person's help I've fixed all the issues, but the suspension wasn't lifted. The email says now Google Merchant Centre account doesn't comply with our Program Policies & low quality landing pages". I truly don't know what this could be so my pure guess is the products in GMC are showing variants. For example: amber ring size 6, amber ring size 7, amber ring size 8 etc. 

Can someone guide me how to edit the data ? I've automatic updates on and Google app on Shopify store. Do I just delete the variants and leave one ring in? if so how to edit the title to a generic one for example : men's silver band ring? 

data.png 

Replies 5 (5)

sampymishra
Shopify Partner
296 10 35

Hi, 

Google Merchant center does not suspend your account because of variants. It is completely okay to have variants in the Merchant Center. 

You can check your landing page's status using a schema checker and fix the errors you get. Also, in case you have a dropshipping account, it will be a different reason for suspension. 

In case you are looking for an app to manga your feed, you can use the App for Google shopping feed by AdNabu. Here, we have advanced features that can help you manage the fields getting pushed to the Merchant Center. You can also use features like bulk updates and automated shipping and tax settings so that you can save time and effort. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Nabu for Google Shopping Feed from Shopify App Store. 

Joanna-Polyanna
4 0 0

Hi, 

I'm not a drop shipper and my structured data has no warnings & errors. If the variants are not the issue then I don't know what it could be as everything seems perfect. I'm really struggling to make this work and be approved. 

Thank you for any suggestions you might have x

Raj_Ced
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Common reasons:

Contact Us page

You definitely need one in your both footer and header that contains a physical address, phone number, and an email address. But remember when you are filling out this information on your contact use page, you need to keep it consistent in your google merchant center when you are filling out the business information.

Legal Pages:

• Privacy Policy
  • Billing Terms and Conditions
  • Secure Checkout Page
  • FAQs
  • Shipping Policy (need to add more details)
  • Terms of Services (need to change contents)
  • Return and Refund Policy (need to add more details, like days, state of return, the reason for return, process of return and refund, contact details, etc.)

Other Pages:

• Contact Us (Show Contact Address, Email, and phone number, support available time, contact us form)
  • About Us page (Show company details, aims, and objectives, why should a customer choose you, year of establishment, and email)

Product landing page :

• Do not copy contents like product images, titles, or descriptions exact from any source
  • Show your Brand name

Check-out process:

• Secure and safe
  • Show all the payment methods shown in the footer while check-out
  • Make sure the shipping charges and taxes are the same as mentioned on the policy pages

Google Merchant Center Changes:

• Create Shipping with the same Handling time, Transit time, and Shipping charges, as mentioned in the store
  • Create Sales tax, if applicable
  • Verify your business information and phone number

Other Possible Reasons:

Basically, anything that looks shady
So, it means messy general store with a broken theme and blank images, unrealistic claims, etc

Bad and sketchy name or logo:

You should make it simple and clean, and definitely, try using a nice name for the store and domain

Pricing and fake promotions:

Do not use any compared prices if they are not real, especially for every single product
also if you are promoting a deal or a coupon code make sure it’s working properly
and you definitely don’t want to run ads for out of stock items

Low-quality images:

Try not to copy the exact images from any website.

Fake reviews :

It is better to not import reviews that looks spammy or not real

Trust badges:

Try not to overuse them and don’t even use them if they are not true

The same thing goes for the fake countdowns
you don't use them as well, if they are not real

Finally, Spelling or grammatical errors in your whole website

Thanks

Google Shopping Expert
AYMonline
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Raj, 

Hope you are doing good. 

I have seen your detailed reply to the above issue. 

I am facing the same issue on my website https://floorexpertsco.co.uk/.

Could you please have a look into it and let me know what might be the reason of misrepresentation. 

Best regards.

Raj_Ced
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi

Thank you for sharing your query
I checked your store, it seems you need to work on your store and complete the missing details.
Your have a single product, make sure you use HD image, show full product details, and try to add more content in the store.

It is not possible to point out exact issues, as it can be in your store, or in your GMC account, or the way you are running site and showing products online. Google machine tracks more than we see here

Just go through the points I've shared and try to follow everything. I hope it gets fixed soon

Google Shopping Expert