Can Shopify apps help customers hold and add to orders later?

OrbitDVD
Tourist
9 0 8

I'm curious if there is an app out there that will allow the customer to put an order on hold and then add to it later to save on shipping.  Some customers are ordering several times a week if not daily so this would be a huge savings for them in shipping and me in shipping materials.  Orderify let's them edit before we ship but we ship the next day so there is a short window.  thanks!

Replies 9 (9)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hello @OrbitDVD !

Yes, order hold and merge can be done by installing an app called"Order Merger" available on shopify app store.
Define your own rules, merge similar orders automatically. Combine orders together. Order management automation.

Order Merger.jpg

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
OrbitDVD
Tourist
9 0 8

Unfortunately, the orders cannot be put on hold by the customers on this app.

L4webdesign
Tourist
9 0 2

What do you mean by putting an order on hold? 

after the order has been placed the customer should be able to hold the order if he knows that he wants to place another order?

OrbitDVD
Tourist
9 0 8

We receive product multiple times a day sometimes that sell out fast.  Some customers have asked for the ability to pause their orders from shipping (the customer, not us), and then add to that order at a later date to save on shipping.

jaychhatrala
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, 

I can help you build a custom app to satisfy your needs. Can we connect for an in depth discussion. 

Thanks,
Jay Chhatrala

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hello @OrbitDVD ,

You have unique customization of holding orders whic can be fullfiled by custom application developer.

Thanks,
Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
BestApper
Excursionist
17 0 5

Hello @OrbitDVD @mroberts327 

Mergify can help you merge orders but unfortunately, the orders cannot be put on hold by the customers on Mergify too.

It helps you to merge orders manually, get merging suggestions, or automatically merge orders based on the rules that you define.
Mergify makes a new order or draft order with items of the selected customer orders and refunds extra shipping costs. You can manage original orders by archiving or canceling them or adding tags and notes to them. The new order will have a zero value, so no new income is added to your store analytics. Also, products inventory levels don't change.

mroberts327
Tourist
9 0 1

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am in the same situation as you.  Hit me up, maybe we can find a work around if we brainstorm.

SimplyUCKD
Visitor
1 0 0

Just the other day, I was able to go into Shopify and select some orders and put them on Hold. I think I did it the same way you select multiple order to print an invoice or add a tag. Now for the love of all things, I CANNOT locate the functionality anymore. The ONLY thing that lets me know I am sane, is that I see the Order Holds I placed on the previous orders.  Does anyone know if this is something Shopify is currently working on???

On Hold_Shopify.JPG