How can I make two variants of a product share inventory?

Colle123
Visitor
1 0 0

I have a ticketed event on shopify that I am selling individual tickets for as well as couples tickets. How can I make it so they share inventory quantities so I don't oversell the event?

Replies 2 (2)

eFoli-Trapa
Shopify Partner
182 11 15

Hello @Colle123 

Hope you are doing well

According to your requirements, I can suggest you try the  MultiVariants - Bulk order app. 

This App has a feature quantity drop down. under that feature, you can use your custom bundle title. let's say here you want to set ticket options like single and couple. all you just need to do is set up the bundle the way you want and then your customer will come to the product page they will choose their preferable option from the dropdown menu and buy the ticket.

Other than that This application also has some other features like quantity interval, bundle, custom text value, and many more.

watch out this Demo product.

You can give it a try by using its 3 days free trial. So that you can get a better idea about it.

And here is the Sample store with more available features.

Multivariants Bundle dropdown (Bulk Order)Multivariants Bundle dropdown (Bulk Order)

MultiVariants-Bulk Order Dropdown custom titleMultiVariants-Bulk Order Dropdown custom title

Trapa | EFOLI
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

This is a common issue for our users where they have a master stock product which is then linked to multiple other products like 2 pack variations. The way to manage inventory is to kit each product or variation that uses the master SKU. 

Our app lets you connect up products to correct SKUs and we then update their inventory based on the component stock level.

When you sell one of the variations the master stock level won't reduce automatically. What our app does is update the order post purchase by replacing the order line with the master SKU as order line which then reduces the master SKU correctly. 

If you need help in setting up and testing please get in touch. You can also find our guide here.

Regards

Tom