How do I correctly update the app handle in a TOML file?

HuynhKim
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hi All,

HuynhKim_0-1708603129159.png

I'm a newbie Shopify app dev. How do i update app handle from TOML file? In this doc https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/tools/cli/configuration#global mentioned an option "handle" at the same place with "name, client_id" but when I try add this option the result when run "npm run deploy" as below:

HuynhKim_0-1708601801212.png

error 
│                                                                                                                                                │
│  Fix a schema error in shopify.app.toml:                                                                                                       │
│  [                                                                                                                                             │
│    {                                                                                                                                           │
│      "code": "unrecognized_keys",                                                                                                              │
│      "keys": [                                                                                                                                 │
│        "handle"                                                                                                                                │
│      ],                                                                                                                                        │
│      "path": [],                                                                                                                               │
│      "message": "Unrecognized key(s) in object: 'handle'"                                                                                      │
│    }                                                                                                                                           │
│  ]          

So, What schema structure for this option "handle" is correct?

Replies 3 (3)

Angel3llideas
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

We are facing the same problem. 
Also, we tested with a very random 'handle' value, to verify that no other app has the same handle, but the error is the same.

jessehoek
Shopify Staff
2 1 2

Hi there, what version of Shopify CLI are you using? You may need to upgrade to the latest version.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Angel3llideas
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

We were running 3.51.0, after upgrade to the last version, 3.56.3, the handle can be changed. 

Thank you!