How do I remove Yotpo?

Per_Frederiksen
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi there, I recently removed the Yotpo app from my webshop. But its still showing on my product pages, even though I removed the app. How do I remove all of it?

Replies 10 (10)
FDG_WEB
Shopify Expert
81 0 10

It may be integrated within your templates.. as that is part of the process. You may have to manually remove it or have it removed.

http://www.fdgweb.com
Per_Frederiksen
Tourist
13 0 2
Thanks for your input. Do you have any idea, how I find out if that's the case?
Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1540 43 333

In theme.liquid look for:

<script type="text/javascript">
(function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/u3AyB2bBoX2b5wYsnbxMynBUH9wEL0luU73kNTjB/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)})();
</script>

Remove that script element. Hopefullly is in theme.liquid, can be in an include.

On product.liquid find and remove something that looks like, will have some {{}} instead of text

<div class="yotpo yotpo-main-widget"
    data-product-id="450242889"
    data-name="Endorphin Rush Beyond Hot Sauce"
    data-url="http://www.grillsmagen.dk/products/endorphin-rush-beyond-hot-sauce"
    data-image-url="//cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0816/7611/products/Endorphin_Rush_Beyond_Hot_Sauce_large.jpg%3Fv=1428444955"
    data-description="&lt;p&gt;Hot saucen som giver dig et endorfin spark udover alle grænser. Du skal måske en tur på skadestuen, når du har prøvet denne her sauce. Det her er adrenalin kicket som du altid har haft lyst til at mærke. Endorphin Rush tilføjer en ekstrem varme til al slags mad.&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;span&gt;SHU (Scoville Heat Units): 33.500&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;Indhold: 148 ml &lt;/p&gt;">
</div>

Make sure you have a backup of your theme!

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
Per_Frederiksen
Tourist
13 0 2

Thanks for your help. I didnt feel comfortable editing the files myself, but a Shopify supporter helped me.

Its gone now, but thanks 🙂

Abdul_Rahim
3 0 0

Hi Fred, any reason why you removed Yotpo?

Mathias_Meyer
Excursionist
47 0 4

Hi Per, I have the same problem you had, can you expllain me how to remove the Yotpo code ? Thank you. Mathias

Hesti
1 0 0

Remove that script element. In theme.liquid look for:

<!--Installed by Yotpo Automatic Installation-->
<script>(function e(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.type="text/javascript",e.async=true,e.src="//staticw2.yotpo.com/TFyEveflUJFVncIOvYNB704ZwMOpNh4mo8ZOHszB/widget.js";var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];t.parentNode.insertBefore(e,t)})();</script>
<!--End of Yotpo Automatic Installation-->

delete all.
Done 🙂 

Oculus
Excursionist
21 0 9

Surprised to see this here,

All Shopify apps should be required to have a clean uninstall feature.

If they don’t, they shouldn’t be accepted as part of the app store. That’s basic systems hygiene. Apple requires it

EdmondsLove
Tourist
9 0 2

I’m pretty upset right now. I deleted the Yotpo Appleton my Shopify app collection. I didn’t see an uninstall so I may have removed it incorrectly. Now I’m trying to find the code and remove it and it’s still sending email to my customers. Apparently people on the free plan have to file a support ticket to cancel!?!  What?#%*^

Co-founder Edmonds.Love
https://edmonds.love
PaladinVinyl
Tourist
7 0 2

I'm sure you have resolved this by now but maybe this will help someone else with this issue. 

I also removed the app and all code, shopify did not delete my sync and was still sharing my order information.

I was having trouble getting to a support link for Yotpo, ironically their chat feature wouldn't load.. So i went to Account Settings > eCommerce Platform and changed it to one i do not use. It then unsynced my Shopify one. 🙂