How do you remove apps when your shopify plan ends?

ThomasHubSpoke
Visitor
2 0 0

We set up a site while we were on the 14 day free trial and will not be renewing the plan right away. However we have some paid apps set up on the site we want to cancel, but can't delete and cancel them due to be unable to access the site without a plan. 

Since we can't go to the app section on shopify admin we can't remove.

Reply 1 (1)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @ThomasHubSpoke!

Can I ask if you added your credit card details to the admin before the trial ended? Also, did you select a subscription plan before the trial ended?

The only way you will be charged after the trial ends is if you have added your billing information to the admin section and you have selected a subscription plan. If you have not added your credit card, you will not be billed for the apps. However, if you did add your credit card details, you may be charged a final bill before the store closed fully. 

If your store is fully closed, or in a frozen state, then you will not be billed for them. Stores go into a frozen state when outstanding bills have not been paid, or when a trial has ended and no billing details were added/ subscription plan chosen.

Let me know the answers to the above and we can take things from there!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog