Solved

How to add admin links to "More actions" drop down

thongdv
Shopify Partner
13 0 4

Hi everyone,

I have an question:

Are there any way call API to create a short link to "More Actions" drop down  as Shippo ?

( i want to add a short link when user install my app)

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 11.17.32.pngthongdv_0-1634270168918.png

Accepted Solution (1)
r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

This is an accepted solution.

@thongdv – the doc is describing the process that you (as the app developer) need to take in your partner account, to add that feature to your app. It's explaining exactly what you're asking for 😉

Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

@thongdv – what you are looking for is adding an item to the "admin links". You can find detailed instructions in the dev-docs: Add an admin link to the Shopify admin with app extensions.

Hope this helps,
Mario

★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
thongdv
Shopify Partner
13 0 4

Thanks @r8r ,

i see the doc, but it seem i must be login to app and create manual link,

I want to any user when install my app, it will auto add a custom link in "More actions" and when remove my app it will delete out off "More actions"

So Is there any API that can do that?

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

This is an accepted solution.

@thongdv – the doc is describing the process that you (as the app developer) need to take in your partner account, to add that feature to your app. It's explaining exactly what you're asking for 😉

Mario

Studio Mitte
thongdv
Shopify Partner
13 0 4

Yes @r8r 
You are right, It config from app (partner account) is enough, not create from shopify api
Thanks!

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

@thongdv – glad I could help!

Studio Mitte
jacekg
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi R8r,

I have a similar question for my app. I got the admin link to work. However, when the link is clicked by the user, I want the page to open in a new tab (like for Shippo) . In the app extension I can only specify the URL . How can the target="_blank attribute be added (like in the html snippet for Shippo)?