Solved

How to create a new collection in Shopify ?

timeandmotion_c
Excursionist
59 0 8

I would like to change the collections on my store.. The products that are on now, are not what I chose.   How do I change. Thanks

jcoak
Accepted Solution (1)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

If you would like to remove products from existing collections it depends on what type you currently have set up. 

If you have automated collections:

1. You can change the contents by editing the conditions or by editing a product so that it doesn't meet the conditions.

If you have manual collections:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

2. Click the name of the collection that you want to update.

3. In the Products section, click the x beside every product that you want to remove from your collection. This doesn't delete the product from Shopify.

For creating new collections check out automated ones that use tags on your products: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections/automated-collections/auto-create

Regards

Tom

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

If you would like to remove products from existing collections it depends on what type you currently have set up. 

If you have automated collections:

1. You can change the contents by editing the conditions or by editing a product so that it doesn't meet the conditions.

If you have manual collections:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.

2. Click the name of the collection that you want to update.

3. In the Products section, click the x beside every product that you want to remove from your collection. This doesn't delete the product from Shopify.

For creating new collections check out automated ones that use tags on your products: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections/automated-collections/auto-create

Regards

Tom

timeandmotion_c
Excursionist
59 0 8

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. 

jcoak

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @timeandmotion_c! It looks like channelup has given you a fantastic summary of how to organize your products!

I want to jump in here and give you some resources to help you out with your product organization.

We also have some great checklists to set up your store. You can use the lists to help with what to do next and how to complete each step.

There is a feature I want to point to that can help you with your marketing campaigns. If you want to try doing product and collection releases for certain times you can use the future publishing feature for collections. This will allow you to run your marketing campaigns to gain interest in your new collection and have your store publish the collection on the drop date.

This is a good way to increase your traffic and possibly your newsletter subscribers that are anticipating the collection drop.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog