Can deleting paid apps cancel the subscription in Shopify?

EdgeCross-X
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I am trying to find out if I delete a paid app from my store it it will automatically cancel the paid subscription or are there other steps I will need to take in order to cancel the subscription?

Let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve

Replies 3 (3)

flo_
Excursionist
21 2 5

Deleting the app should cancel your subscription. You can find more informations about it here.

iCart_App
Shopify Partner
479 57 103

Hey Steve,

Yes, by deleting the app your subscription will be automatically canceled. You don't need to do anything else to cancel the plan.

iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell App

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more visit www.identixweb.com

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @EdgeCross-X

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that you would like to remove a paid app entirely and cancel the paid subscription to ensure that you are no longer charged. In most cases, if you've removed an app that you installed from the Shopify App Store, then you will not be billed for the next billing cycle of the app subscription. It's a good idea to keep in mind that if you have accounts and subscriptions outside of the Shopify ecosystem, you'll need to make sure to cancel those subscriptions separately as well. You can always reach out directly to the developer to confirm the best method for removing the subscription. 

Since we're on this topic, feel free to take a look at our  list of The Best 27 Free Shopify Apps to enhance your existing site and see which ones work best for you! I'd also love to know more about your business to provide some insight on your store. 

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog