How to Disable Welcome Message in Shopify Chat?

Drinkz
Tourist
4 0 6

Hi there! We are using Shopify Chat on our store and are having great interactions with our customers. However, we would like to remove the 'new notification' badge (see att.) both on the Chat With Us element, as in the browser tab itself, since we are finding it too obtrusive.

We could of course hide the badge on the element by setting display: none on the css selector (.chat-notification) but this would only be a visual change. We want to disable the Welcome Message so that there is no badge popping up on page load.

Is there any way to achieve this?

image.png

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @Drinkz 

At this time, it's not possible to outright disable the welcome message in our Shopify Chat app. With that said, I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team for potential implementation in the future.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Drinkz
Tourist
4 0 6

Okay. Keep me in the loop! 🙂

TreavorHHH
Excursionist
14 0 7

Any update on this?

Oreoeater93
Visitor
2 0 0

I agree with OP, it would be nice if it didnt take over the entire screen when someone views my website on their phone. it causes a disconnection and makes people want to exit/backspace from your site. hopefully they get this resolved soon, I like the option for people to msg us with inquires I just dont like it thrown in their face as soon as they hop on the website.