How to redirect user to custom URL after checkout?

How to redirect user to custom URL after checkout?

designrulesco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey all,

We'd like to redirect users after they checkout back to a page on our website. 

We previously had a script (as below) but I was just made aware that this is deprecated.

Is there an app for this? Any recommendation would be great, thanks! 

<script>setTimeout(function() {
   window.location.href = "https://www.designrules.co/";
}, 3000);</script>

For context, we did not develop our website with shopify; instead, we just use shopify for checkout/purchasing. So our website will take a user to the checkout page, but after checkout, we want to bring them back to our non-shopify site. If we don't, and the user clicks the "return to store" button, it'll take them to the actual shopify subdomain for our shop, which isn't set up and looks like a whole bunch of nothing. In short, very confusing.

Reply 1 (1)

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1199 344 359

Hi @designrulesco,

I'm Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder.

Regarding your question, currently the option to add code script to Checkout on Shopify has been deprecated. So I recommend these two other solutions:

1. Add a button: Insert a button on the page saying “Go Back to Site Page” and embed it with a URL to the page you want to redirect users to
  2. Use app: Use a Shopify app to customize the thank you process and redirect to the site. For example, ReConvert Upsells & Cross sells, AfterSell Post Purchase Upsell, ReSell Post Purchase Upsell, … 

I hope it helps. Feel free to reply if you need to discuss anything in detail. 

Have a nice day! 

Cheers,

Kate | PageFly Team 

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.