How to Turn your Phone into a Barcode Scanner for Stocky that Works on Your Computer

How to Turn your Phone into a Barcode Scanner for Stocky that Works on Your Computer

Darren_Moore
Excursionist
23 0 11

If you are here, then you found the solution!  I have been searching the web for what scanner to use on Stocky and if there was a way to use my iPhone.  I stumbled across this app, test it and it works like a charm!  Download this app and your problems will be solved.  You just have to make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi

Barcode to PC: Wi-Fi scanner 

I reached out to Shopify about what scanner to use with Stocky and if I could use my mobile phone.  I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Once you download the app, just follow the instructions.  You'll have download an emulator on your PC or Mac to make this work per instructions ( and make sure your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi.  I am on a MACBook and it works perfectly!  After you've got this setup and connected, open Stocky and create a stocktake, then scan your first product barcode and BOOM!  I generated a barcode on my screen to scan it for testing and the product I scanned showed right up on my stocktake on Stocky!

DM
Reply 1 (1)

PeaceFrogs
Tourist
7 0 0

Has anyone tried this with a PC?  Do you use it to receive items from purchase orders as well?