We've activated Google Shopping shopify app for our store a month ago. In Google Merchant Center > Products > Diagnostics , we're getting warning like Limited performance due to missing identifiers [gtin, mpn, brand]
To fix this error, how to update identifier_exists for the products which gives this warning? How to bulky update the products identifier_exists as we've to update 5000+ products? (If we've to do it via excel upload, what is the column name and value we've to provide?)
Any help would be appreciated.
Oops...looks like the images didn't come through..sharing them here based on the sequence of screens i see..
1. Click on All attributes
2. Trash icon only offers 'save as draft' option or cancel the whole step
3. Saving as draft brings me back here where i choose the 'discard' option
4. Which brings me back to square one
yup...just learnt that hitting the reply button in the email to post a message doesn't post the images. Just posted here on the forum directly and you should be able to see the images.
This is simply fascinating. Managed to delete as you suggested.
I'm wondering how come google's support on phone/chat/faq/search couldn't tell me about this one last step.
Because Google support does not use their own tools as you and I. They tend to read scripts, and answer based on the provided scripts.
If you have questions, simply ask the community, the answers tend to be from experience, rather than scripts.
It's been 3 days since i made the changes but i continue to see...
Is that normal? Can i ask Google to re-crawl my site or is it a wait-n-watch scenario from here on?
I just wanted to say "Thank you so very much". I have been on numerous emails with shopify and google. A month after adding all of my products, I am still listed as a "Parked Domain" because my products are not uploaded to google. I can't upload them until google approves them so the whole mess is just frustrating. I was about to pay a shopify expert $115.00 per hour for help, knowing that it was most likely something simple but also something that google was unwilling to help me with. I just kept getting pre-made responses and no one has called me as requested in two weeks. I found your post this morning and in ten minutes my problem is fixed. OMG! I can't believe it. You saved my bank account and my sanity.
You're very welcome......I'm so glad this helped you....I was literally tearing my hair out with it.
I'm glad I stopped you spending a small fortune too!
This made my day, so thank you so much for letting me know.
This solution actually works. Thanks MelOn-Design! I have been wrestling with this for a several weeks now as over 600 of our products were limited by this issue. So, I created the supplemental feed for Content API for 'identifier exists' and set it to 'no', went ahead and just applied it, checked back about 20 minutes later and those 600 products are off the list! Wa-la!
Yaaaaay! I'm so happy to hear this helped you....my head was about to explode, so I feel you! 🙈
Have a great Christmas and relax knowing you're all set 🎄😃