I was looking for a food menu app but without the montly fees. I've found it and want to you

Phazenoot
4 0 0

Hi There!

Last year I published a couple of stores for restaurants. 
For over a year I was looking for a cheap way to make the food menu visible without high monthly fees like foodlify. 
Now I've got a customized theme with a responsive food menu. 

If you need any help? send me an email to info@haweco-hb.nl

Kind regards,

Peter

Replies 2 (2)

ifere09
Visitor
1 0 0

It's wonderful to hear that you've been working on setting up restaurant stores and have successfully found an affordable solution for displaying food menus with menu price . Creating a customized theme with a responsive food menu is a great approach to making your offerings easily accessible to customers. 

The cost of developing a food app can vary widely based on several factors, including the app's complexity, features, platform(s), design, development resources, and geographic location of the development team. Here's a breakdown of the potential costs involved:

1. Development Team: The biggest factor influencing cost is the development team's rates. Rates can vary significantly based on the location and expertise of the team. Hiring a local team in a high-cost region might be more expensive than outsourcing to a team in a lower-cost region.

2. Features and Functionality: The complexity of features you want in your food app will impact the cost. Basic apps with essential features like menu display, ordering, and payment processing will be less expensive than apps with advanced features like real-time tracking, loyalty programs, customization options, and integration with third-party services.

3. Design: A well-designed and user-friendly interface is crucial for a successful food app. Investing in professional UI/UX design can add to the overall cost.

4. Platforms: Developing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web) will increase the cost compared to developing for a single platform.

5. Backend Development: Building the backend infrastructure for processing orders, managing inventory, user accounts, and data storage contributes to the cost.

6. Integration: If you plan to integrate the app with other systems like POS systems, payment gateways, or third-party services, it can add to the development cost.

7. Testing and Quality Assurance: Thorough testing to ensure the app functions smoothly across different devices and scenarios is essential. This adds to the cost.

8. Maintenance and Updates: Factoring in ongoing maintenance, updates, and potential customer support will contribute to the overall cost of ownership.

9. Legal and Compliance: Depending on your location, you might need to comply with various regulations related to data privacy and food services, which could entail legal and compliance costs.

As a rough estimate, a basic food app with essential features might start from a few thousand dollars. However, more feature-rich and sophisticated apps could range from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more.

It's recommended to consult with multiple app development agencies or freelancers to get accurate quotes based on your specific requirements. Be sure to discuss your budget constraints and prioritize features to find the right balance between cost and functionality. Keep in mind that investing in a well-designed and functional app can yield returns through increased customer engagement and convenience.

davidbg
Shopify Partner
31 1 0

Hi @Phazenoot , it is great you managed to customize a theme for this. Shopify has changed a bit in terms of theme functionality in the last couple of years and I do not know if you are encountering this same issue. If you are I can recommend an app called Menulog that allows you to build restaurant menus in any theme, it works as an app block so you can place it anywhere on your site and it gets real time product data from your collections. Hope this is still helpful!