Solved

International shipping, DDP, Price at checkout HELP

animacwear
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Folks,

someone out there has to know of an app or a company/ individual that can help me take my international business to the next level. 

I already sell some products to the EU, USA, NZ and AUS, but for EU now I get returns as they were not expecting duty/ taxes and for further afield I need to get quotes from my 3PL before they order. 

I really want this to be streamlined and simple for my customers. Show whatever the cost is going to be at checkout in real time including any duties and taxes for those places I can do that. Even if I can get some of these things done it’s a step in the right direction. 

only issue I can see is that I use a 3PL so don’t own the relationship with the carriers. I could bypass this by putting my own printer at the 3PL and start paying higher rates as my volumes are low, so I’m hoping for a workaround. 

Thanks in advance for any help with this

regards

Nathan 

Jack of all trades, master of none
Accepted Solution (1)

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @animacwear,

Are you on the Shopify Advanced or Plus plan? Shopify is currently doing a beta on tax and duty collection. You can learn more on their help center here.

If you're not on either of those plans, and you're open to using a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping can help with this. While our system doesn't specifically calculate import taxes and duty, you can use cost adjustments to build these costs into the shipping cost. When you set up a shipping method and assign it to an EU zone (or zones within the EU), you can adjust the additional cost settings by applying either a percentage or flat amount. 

If you know the amounts or percentages by product, you can set up different Scenarios by product, assign each product Scenario its own shipping method, with the percentage needed for that product or group of products.

Feel free to book a demo with one of our team members if you'd like to learn more about this.

Please note that to use Intuitive Shipping - or any third-party rate calculation app - Shopify requires that you enable their third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates feature. This feature is $20 USD per month. If you change your Shopify billing to annual, they will add the feature at no additional cost (plus they will reduce your billing plan by 10%). If you're on the Advanced plan or higher, this feature is already included and activated by default, however as mentioned above, if that is the case, you may be able to use Shopify directly without needing an app.

Best regards,

Ron

Customer Experience Manager @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @animacwear,

Are you on the Shopify Advanced or Plus plan? Shopify is currently doing a beta on tax and duty collection. You can learn more on their help center here.

If you're not on either of those plans, and you're open to using a third-party solution, Intuitive Shipping can help with this. While our system doesn't specifically calculate import taxes and duty, you can use cost adjustments to build these costs into the shipping cost. When you set up a shipping method and assign it to an EU zone (or zones within the EU), you can adjust the additional cost settings by applying either a percentage or flat amount. 

If you know the amounts or percentages by product, you can set up different Scenarios by product, assign each product Scenario its own shipping method, with the percentage needed for that product or group of products.

Feel free to book a demo with one of our team members if you'd like to learn more about this.

Please note that to use Intuitive Shipping - or any third-party rate calculation app - Shopify requires that you enable their third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates feature. This feature is $20 USD per month. If you change your Shopify billing to annual, they will add the feature at no additional cost (plus they will reduce your billing plan by 10%). If you're on the Advanced plan or higher, this feature is already included and activated by default, however as mentioned above, if that is the case, you may be able to use Shopify directly without needing an app.

Best regards,

Ron

animacwear
Tourist
8 0 2
Hi Ron,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This does look interesting and
like it could work for me. I would be keen to setup a Demo with one of your
team, but do you think its worth me playing in the trial mode first.

Your reviews look good, especially the technical support bit. So very
interested in checking it out.

Regards

Nathan
Ron-Anderson
Shopify Partner
191 13 33

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the feedback on our reviews. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of support to merchants using Intuitive Shipping.

You can absolutely use the app in a trial period. First, Intuitive Shipping is free to install and use in Setup & Testing mode, so even before you activate a billing plan, you can set everything up, test it out, and make sure it's a good fit for you. There is no limit to how long you can use the app for testing. While you're in Setup & Testing Mode, rates are only visible to you. Then, when you activate a plan, you get 15 days of free trial in a live setting as well.

So please feel free to install Intuitive Shipping now and play around with it. When you set up the demo, our team can do a live demo with screensharing and walk you through some of the setup process.

Best regards,
Ron

animacwear
Tourist
8 0 2
That's Great Ron, Thank you. I'll have a crack at this next week.

Cheers

Nathan