What is the best inventory management app for Shopify?

KasperHintze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi! 

We are looking for the perfect inventory management app.

We need an app were we easily can: 

• See what product has been sold the most of / Most popular 
  • See if a product soon will run out of stock 
  • Some kind of overview of our products 

We need this information so we easily can order new products in again.

Thank you! 

Replies 11 (11)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @KasperHintze 

If you are looking for an app that will allow you to track your store inventory, while also getting insights on your product sales, orders, etc. I would recommend checking out the Quickbooks Online Sync app is going to have all of those features and then some!

With that said, Shopify does provide inventory management features along with sales analytics without the need for an app. From your Shopify admin, you have the Inventory page where you can perform tasks such as updating and tracking your stock quantity for your products, setting up how your store handles when an item goes out of stock (allow overselling or hide the item from store). From there, we also have our analytics page that features a plethora of reports. Including sales over time, by product report that should suit your needs.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KasperHintze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Dirk! 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Unfortunately, this app is only compatible with American and such companies. 

And we are a small danish company who sells caps. Do you have any other suggestions? 

We have searched for the information in Shopify, but find it hard to figure out the information. 

So we need some kind of overview of the data in shopify regarding best sellers, out-of-stock and so on.

Thanks again! 

matbaker
Explorer
42 7 13

Hi @KasperHintze 

If you would be happy with an automatic report that gets sent to your email in form of .csv file this app could help. Just keep in mind that you would need to message support with your requirements as this looks like pretty tailored task. They are always happy to set up everything for you so you should be good. 

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂

skulogi
Excursionist
11 2 4

Hi Kasper,

Not a immediate help but I am currently building an inventory management app with capabilities you have listed.

Feel free to check out the blog for more details and join the wait list. I  will be happy to give you early access once ready and extended free trial at launch in return of your valuable feedback from using the app.

Best Regards,

Deepu

Building SKULogi – AI based Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning

If interested check out this blog for more details.
KasperHintze
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi! 

That sounds fantastic!

I have just seen your blot/website and this is exactly what we need. I could not ask for more. 
We would gladly review this app when released. 

Best regards

Kasper H. 

skulogi
Excursionist
11 2 4

Hey ,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Now I must pull up my socks and finish it as soon as possible 🙂 I am about 60% done and am still working my full time job, but the good thing is I am taking a few months sabbatical from 1st June to dedicatedly work on this for few months. Will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Deepu

Building SKULogi – AI based Demand Forecasting and Inventory Planning

If interested check out this blog for more details.

MadisU
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @KasperHintze 

Please take a look at ForecastingApp which does what you need: https://www.forecastingapp.com/. You can even play with the live demo at our web site.

We are currently raping up closed beta for Shopify customers. In case you'd like to give this a try really soon please leave a message, or sign up for trial (make note that you'd like to try Shopify integration.

Thanks,

Madis@forecastingapp.com

BetterReportsT
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi @KasperHintze,

Tiia here from Better Reports support team.

I believe our app Better Reports may be able to help.  While we are not an inventory management app, we do provide 60+ built-in reports that cover many common use cases for merchants including current inventory, sales, refunds, payouts, transactions, and more.

Please allow me to address your specific requirements below:

• See what product has been sold the most of / Most popular - we have a built-in sales report that lists best-selling product variants by month.
  • See if a product soon will run out of stock  - we can create a custom report that lists current inventory along with the fields 'inventory quantity', 'estimated days before out of stock', 'inventory value (price x quantity)', and 'inventory value (cost based) (cost x quantity)'
  • Some kind of overview of our products - we have a built-in report that lists all your products along with the 'vendor', 'title', 'handle', 'product tags', 'Second updated at' date, 'Body html' (description), and the product image.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial, and I'll be happy to create a custom report for you. 

What do you think? 

nickpnz
4 0 0

@KasperHintze 

You might find one of the inventory add-ons in the App Marketplace helpful, or you could try inventory apps with native Shopify integrations like Unleashed and Cin7

Good luck!

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @KasperHintze,

There are many inventory management apps in the app store, but I found this one app Advanced Report really fit your requirement, you can create a custom report to show the Best selling product in a time range; a custom report to show Low Stock and you have email notification to update you on that; plus, the app filter is amazing, you can get some data of your products and customers like which country your customers come from the most; Sales by each customer (you can know who spent the most on your store)

Hope you find this helpful.

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Hey @KasperHintze!  You might have already found a solution, but it you are still looking, or for others in this community you might want to take a look at SKUSavvy which is a Shopify inventory management system. 

I'm part of a small team building SKUSavvy which is a visual warehouse & fulfillment system that is purpose-built as a Shopify WMS to support purchasing, inventory, pick-pack-ship, and transfers. We worked with merchants to create the platform which handles the essentials of warehouse management:

• Purchase Ordre creation based on order volume/sales history/lead times
  • Check-in shipments via barcode, confirm quantities, allocate to a visual bin location within your warehouse
  • Pull in multiple order channels, smart batching orders, pick orders on a visual warehouse map, scanning and confirm bin/product and quantities on any mobile device
  • Bin to bin replenishment rules
  • Track inventory, bin locations, kits/bindles, UOM, variants, inventory history
  • Cross-dock inventory between multiple locations
  • Package workflow to automate box sizing
  • Automate shipping rate shopping, label purchase, label printing
  • Cycle count inventory 
  • Directed work form the WMS, and internal task assignment/undirected workflows for all warehouse workers

If any of this is what you are looking for, be sure to check it out, create an account and connect your Shopify so you can get an idea of what the platform will offer you. Also of course we can set up a demo or you can view this prerecorded demo of the platform.

Visual inventory managementVisual inventory management

kingstore_0-1660795279776.png

kingstore_1-1660795279702.png

packaging and fulfillment app

kingstore_2-1660795279734.png

A visual layout of your warehouse for pick pack ship and check-in

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call