Is the shipping app mandatory in case of external shipping fees

Guardiandesigns
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

our webstore sells products Worldwide and the shipping rates are fixed based on the 3rd party local companies (brokers) rates which we use instead of other popular vendors like AfterShip, etc.

Basically when the customer's order is placed (including predefined shipping fee) we go to the broker's website, book and pay the shipping (door-to-door courier like Fedex, UPS)

My question is: can I delete existing Better Shipping App without compromising functionality of the webstore or is it mandatory to have any shipping app assigned in my situation?

Thank you

Tomas

Replies 2 (2)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Guardiandesigns

Luna here from Shopify. Thanks for bringing your question to our forums. I'd be happy to look into this with you. 

Just to ensure that I'm on the same page, I want to confirm the following with you. From what you've shared, I understand that:

• You have set up flat fee shipping rates
  • Once your customer places their order, you purchase a shipping label outside of Shopify with your own carrier
  • You aren't using the Better Shipping app at any stage of this process

Is that correct? If those things are all true, then you can go ahead and delete the Better Shipping app without any disruption to your store. If however, you are using the app to display calculated rates from your carrier at checkout that would be different. 

To clarify, if you are handling all of your shipping needs outside of Shopify, and have flat fee shipping rates set up for your customers, there is no need for the app. 

In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business! Is there a particular reason for using a third-party carrier, for example, have you found the prices to be lower that way? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you, so that we can continue to work on this together!

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hi there, @Guardiandesigns.

Luna here. I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out to ensure your question was answered in my previous reply. Let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Warmly,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog