Is there a good app for getting discounts after social sharing?

loveworld
Visitor
3 0 1

I am looking for a app let buyers share products on twitter, Facebook, instagram etc, then receive discounts code.

i use thia app "Social Share Buttons and Popup"

But seems this app have lots problems, for example, on mobile, after  buyer shares, the page does not pop up the discount code.

I am looking for a good share to get a discount app, 

Is there a good recommendation?

Replies 18 (18)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @loveworld!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community. 

Having customers share the products they buy from your site on social media in exchange for a discount code is a great marketing strategy, and I'd love to lend a hand to help find an app that can achieve this on your site.

I understand that Social Share Buttons and Popup hasn't worked entirely how you were hoping, so I can certainly help share some other app suggestions for you. However, before we look into other options, have you reached out to developers of this app directly to ask for their help in configuring the app's functionality and settings? The developers will be able to look into the mobile set up further to help explain what's possible through their app. Reaching out to the developers about this may help fix some of the issues you're having, and avoid the need to use another app for this feature. 

If you are still interested in looking over other options, there are a few apps I can recommend based on your needs. For example, Checkout Share allows customers to share the contents of their cart on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or via email, in exchange for a discount code that can be used before they complete the checkout. Share For Discount is another option that can be used to give customers discount codes in exchange for liking your Facebook page, or following your Twitter account. 

Both of the above options are third party apps that are external to Shopify, so if you have any questions about the functionality of the apps, or how to install them, make sure to also reach out to the app developers directly. Since they built and fully support their apps, they will be the best people to provide additional help. 

How else are you marketing your products and your business? Are you also advertising on social media?

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns that I can assist with! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

NiuMi
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hey 

I have checked all apps recommend by Rae, it seems no one is good enough.I'm a Shopify Developer, I have submitted my first Shopify Apps. But it needs some days to review. During the long review time, I have some time to develop a new app.  Please let me know.

1. Do you mind be an initial user, and install the app unlisted the App Store, because the App Review need long time. of course 100% customer support and no charge.

2. What're the most important three feature do you need?

loveworld
Visitor
3 0 1

Thanks for the info, yes, no one is good enough. 

1, for test app, 1 or 2 initial user not enough, you need more.

1. products page have social share button
  2. after share auto back to products page
  3. discount code automatic popup

I use Social Share Buttons and Popup now.

this app features ok, but poblems is in social app will not work, only work on computer or mobile browser. also have some bug. they said solve the problem now, but do not know how long.

NiuMi
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Thanks for reply, I have begin develop it. I will  search more initial users, and before do full testing I will never let any user tries it.

leenaandlu
Excursionist
24 0 3

Hi NiuMi, Did you get to develop your app? I'm also looking for a social sharing app and will like to see how yours work. Thanks!

NiuMi
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Yes I'm working on it, maybe it will take some time, I will let you know if I finished it.

btw. If your shop has a free shipping policy maybe you will want to try my new app:  https://apps.shopify.com/free-shipping-upsell?surface_detail=free+shipping+upsell&surface_inter_posi...

adrienshendev
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hey, I'm a Developer as well. I'm interested to develop an APP and have been working on something similar in the Discount space. If you need help, perhaps we can collab on this.

Protuned
Visitor
2 0 0

Did you end up finding a solution for this?

Teem
Shopify Partner
226 18 64

Hi there,

You might have a look at our social sharing campaigns, you can customize text, pop-ups and etc.

Moreover, our marketing platform is not only about social sharing campaigns, but you will also get:

- Loyalty & Rewards program

- Wishlist

- Reviews

- Social Login

- Shoppable Instagram galleries on any page

Hope it helps

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.

Not applicable

Hello @loveworld,

First off, wow! Have you checked with "Social Share Buttons and Popup" to see if they have resolved the issue? Customers would feel strongly about not seeing a discount code after social sharing. Definitely a great feature to have and most loyalty programs on Shopify do offer this. However you'll end up with a bit more than just rewards for social sharing. We're working on loyalty and rewards on Shopify and If you install our app achieveloyalty.app before January 1 2020 we will consider you an early beta user and will keep your account and this specific feature free for life. Just private message us here on Shopify's forum with your shop domain name and your email and we will send you an invite. 

All the best,

Sam Bazargan - Owner of Achieve Applabs the makers of AchieveLoyalty.app

Hugo_Janes
Tourist
3 0 1

All I want is an app to automatically grant my visitors a discount code in case they share my website on Facebook or Instagram

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello @loveworld,

First off, wow! Have you checked with "Social Share Buttons and Popup" to see if they have resolved the issue? Customers would feel strongly about not seeing a discount code after social sharing. Definitely a great feature to have and most loyalty programs on Shopify do offer this. However you'll end up with a bit more than just rewards for social sharing. We're working on loyalty and rewards on Shopify and If you install our app achieveloyalty.app before January 1 2020 we will consider you an early beta user and will keep your account and this specific feature free for life. Just private message us here on Shopify's forum with your shop domain name and your email and we will send you an invite. 

All the best,

Sam Bazargan - Owner of Achieve Applabs the makers of AchieveLoyalty.app

NiuMi
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

How about a global Discount Code? I see many apps are just used a global Discount Code.

Not applicable

Hi Hugo_James,

We've recently updated our app with a Facebook Share button to redeem a discount you create. To see a working demo visit https://achievedemo.myshopify.com/products/short-sleeve-t-shirt

A few limitations currently (mainly security):

* Shopper must be signed in to your webstore 

* Only one social discount can be active 

*Shopper can only claim the social reward once

We are working hard to publish AchieveLoyalty in the next few weeks. The beta app can still be installed though if you would like to give it a test run: https://achieveloyalty.app/install

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
234 6 54

A bit late to the party but our app does exactly what you described 🙂

https://apps.shopify.com/social-promoter?surface_detail=Social+promoter&surface_inter_position=1&sur...

You can set up different promotions for Instagram Facebook and Twitter where the customer needs to tag your business and add a specific tag you configure.

it can auto generate unique codes per share or you can set one static discount code to be sent. Furthermore you can approve on a per post basis or have it auto send for each matching post.

Furthermore with the posts from customers you will be able to create galleries on product collection or blog pages

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Order Related Documents | Print documents, Email document &Autoprint
Blog Product Spotlight | Add products to your blog articles!

Protuned
Visitor
2 0 0

Your link isn't working anymore?

I_assist
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, please why was the app taken down?

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
234 6 54

Hi, sorry to inform you that we decided to remove the app from the app store, we had only 2 users in 6 months. my other apps always grew organically without a lot of marketing effort, so maybe this one required more attention (for which I did not have the time)

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Order Related Documents | Print documents, Email document &Autoprint
Blog Product Spotlight | Add products to your blog articles!

ChinweMillian
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Thanks for clarifying!