Is there an Inventory app that tells you when to reorder a product based on sales history ect?

Nicole_Young
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi! I just have a question on if there is an app available that does what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an app that looks at current stock levels and recent sales history  of each product, and compares that against the lead times I input per product to then be able to tell us when its time to reorder a certain product.

IE, I have a heat pack that takes say 15 days from the time I order from my supplier to the time I receive it. I will input that 15 days lead time for that product initially into the app, then it will automatically calculate based on current sales history and the current stock levels when I need to reorder.

Is there any app that can do something like this? I'm trying to avoid doing a big manual spreadsheet myself

Replies 7 (7)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Nicole_Young,

Really great question! There can be a real science to re-ordering products at certain times. I took a look into the Shopify App store and found some Inventory Alert apps which might be helpful for what you're looking for. These apps are more about sending out alerts and re-ordering when there is low inventory and I'm not sure about how detailed they could go with reordering based on sales history and more intricate details such as that: 

There are some other apps in the app store which are slightly more Inventory Management based that could be more what you're looking for. You can find these below: 

Hopefully one these apps can do what you need! Let me know. 

How is the rest of your store going besides this? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Nicole_Young
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately from what I can see none of those quite fit what I need. I have found one app (Inventory Planner) however at $149USD per month (as we have two store locations) I need to weigh up if we will get the use out of it as we are a relatively small store (250 products). 

Other than that the store is great 0 just trying to find different apps and add-ons that can add value as I believe there is more we can be doing to make our lives easier and to give us more info. 

Thanks

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for getting back and letting me know. If none of those apps can do what you need then I'm wondering if something custom could work. By custom I mean, reaching out to a Shopify Expert who would then build an app for your store. It would be a once off payment rather than a monthly subscription which the apps are like, so it could be a slightly cost in that sense, but it could definitley be worth your time to speak to and research for an Expert you might resonate with. You can log in and see the full Expert directory here

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

There are 2 parts to this as we have customised it for our users.

1. Low stock alert - as mentioned already there are plenty of apps that achieve this.
  2. Calculating the low stock level - we do an automated calculation by a schedule which takes into account past sales, delivery times etc. Once you have this value set the actual alerts so you can order stock is the easy part.

Regards

Tom

Nicole_Young
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks Tom. Could you give me a link to more info on this? I had a look at your app and couldn't find much detail specifically on what you've mentioned.

Also do you know what plan this would fall under?

Thanks!

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

Send me an email and can get one of the team to give you a run down of how it works. Right now it is a custom app we set up for users so we don't publish it publicly as requires a little custom work.

Regards

Tom

knapcio
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

I can recommend Smart Stock. It doesn't exactly what you want (predicts when stock empty and values in X days):

Screenshot 2021-12-15 at 14.07.06.png