Kit App

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
9 0 35

Had an email from Shopify saying the "Kit" app is being removed and will end on August 31st? is there an alternative to this or any reason why its being removed? Its such a handy little app' I use it all the time?

Replies 98 (98)
YellowSally
1 0 0

Hello,

Will we be able to set up thank you emails through the Shopify email app? 

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@YellowSally @Hello!  Shopify email is like a Mailchimp and doesn’t yet support tiered auto marketing like we used when we had kit.  Smartrmail is a great app for crreating auto emails that are targeted toward specific client actions.  Shopify email is more for campaign etc. the only thing Shopify email has going for it is that there is a phone app (very limited).  Currently, there is no email platform that allows us to use Shopify’s auto emails and edit them before sending like we used to do when we had kit.  

noodlenz
1 0 0

Hi, i dont suppose you have found a great alternative to Kit.. it has only just dawned on me that my thankyou emails have gone

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

Unfortunately, no. There is no good alternative to Kit.

hacketyapps
Excursionist
36 2 4

Hi @noodlenz, if you need to send thank you emails and see reports of who received/opened the email, then our app Engagely can help with that.

We're also currently working on supporting flows for email and SMS. We'd like to eventually offer something similar to Kit, @Lokah_Luv we're always thinking about what you said, be able to create flows without having to go in the admin... eventually we'll get there!

Lokah_Luv
Excursionist
17 0 24

@hacketyapps YAY!  Thank you for taking our ideas into consideration!  Looking forward to seeing what you create next!  

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

@Julie has there been any progress made on the referral you made to the developers? An update would be much appreciated.

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

@MUJKA I liked that feature, too. It was a very useful tool. I still miss Kit terribly.

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

@Dillydan I asked on the Shopify YouTube channel if they would post a video showing how to duplicate some of the Kit features using other options. All I got was a link to this thread.

AshlynD
Excursionist
17 0 25

@Julie Is it possible to have some Shopify videos posted that show how to accomplish some of the same tasks that Kit did for us? That would be very helpful with this transition.