App reviews, troubleshooting, and recommendations
Hello, our store sells electronics to Norway but it is based in Finland. We use Klarna as one of our payment provider but the Klarna texts show up in Finnish instead of Norwegian at checkout on our site (see attached image). We contacted Klarna support but they said that everything is ok at their end and told us to contact Shopify support. So, how do we get the text to show up in Norwegian for our Norwegian customers.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Do you have a third-party language translator/geolocalization app?
2. In your Shopify General settings, what is your store's language set to? Norwegian, Finnish, or something else?
3. What is your store URL? I'd be happy to try and replicate the issue on my end as well.
Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
Hi @jrlaine ,
I'm sorry Klarna support directed you to Shopify. The alternative payment methods are configured for appropriate countries by Klarna (often me), and I've now added Finland as an available country for the 2 similar Norwegian payment methods: "Direktebetaling. Klarna" & "Få først. Betal senere. Klarna". You should now be able to activate those 2 payment methods (using the EXACT same Klarna API credentials as you previously used for the Finnish payment methods), and then deactivate the Finnish payment methods.
As I won't leave Finland active for these Norwegian payment methods indefinitely, it would be great if you could respond once you've made the updates in your store.
Hopefully this covers everything you needed, but if not, please let me know how we can help further!
Thanks to all Community members that participated in our inaugural 2 week AMA on the new E...By Jacqui Mar 10, 2023
Upskill and stand out with the new Shopify Foundations Certification programBy SarahF_Shopify Mar 6, 2023
One of the key components to running a successful online business is having clear and co...By Ollie Mar 6, 2023