Limiting products to pick-up or local delivery only

martincoard
Tourist
6 0 4

We run a small farm shop in the southwest of the UK. There are some products that we will sell that are suitable for pick-up or local delivery only. This might include milk and some other products that won't survive delivery by carrier. We're looking for a shipping app that will allow us to disable purchase of these items for national delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone found a solution that will cater for this?

Replies 4 (4)

SpareAndSquare
Excursionist
41 0 42

Following as I would really like this feature on our stores to. I was told when I upgraded to Shopify POS pro I could do this, but its not true and a waste of around £80 a month.

martincoard
Tourist
6 0 4

we're currently trialing the Advanced Shipping Rules app (by Bambri). I contacted them and asked:

"There are some products that we will sell for pick-up or local delivery only. This might include milk and some other products that won't survive delivery by carrier. Will your app allow us to disable purchase of these items for national delivery?"

Their first reply has been:

"Yes, our app can restrict certain rates from showing for certain items. For example, you can configure both the National Shipping rate and the Local Delivery Rate in our app. If you're able to identify these 'local delivery only' items by 'Title', 'Vendor' or 'SKU', you can add a rule to the National Shipping rate that says: "Hide rate when....title...of any product in the entire order...contains....milk". There are other ways to accomplish a similar goal - you let me know if this one doesn't work for you and I'm happy to offer some more specific guidance from there."

So we're currently working on testing this out to see if it is actually going to work as we want it to. It's probably going to be easiest to use a specific phrase instead of the actual vendor name in the 'Vendor' product field.

We're also going to add the wording "Available for Pick-up or Local Delivery only" on every product page where the product is not available for national delivery, just to warn customers before they get to checkout.

I'll keep you updated to see if all this works out. Likewise, if you find an alternative solution, let me know!

Cheers

Martin

SpareAndSquare
Excursionist
41 0 42

Thanks @martincoard be very interested to see how it goes for you as we need something very similar. 

jakubhalik
Shopify Expert
29 1 1

Hi, you could use packeta for local pick up points.

You could use our app Zásilkovna | Packeta for the integration.

Packeta | Zasilkovna: http://apps.shopify.com/packeta-zasilkovna-alpha
AMA: apps@soundsgood.agency
Certified Shopify Experts: https://experts.shopify.com/soundsgood