Linking one shopify store to multiple FB accounts

JerBear
Tourist
4 0 17

Hello all,

I didn't find anything while researching myself, but has anyone figured out if you can have two different facebook accounts (shops) linked to the same shopify store?

Thanks in advanced!

Replies 36 (36)

Alex23
Shopify Staff (Retired)
529 1 120

Hi there!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Currently, that's not a possibility, I'm sorry to say; your Shopify store will only connect to one Facebook shop at a time. I'd be happy to pass along your feedback to the developers, however! Can you tell me a little more about your use-case, and how this would benefit your business? Let me know!

Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time,  we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Fleurs
Tourist
5 0 6

We have multiple Brands that we would like each to have their own FB page.  It simplifies things if you don't have to have multiple Shopify accounts to run one business that has multiple shops either.  It would be great if all this was enabled.

TPSS
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

It looks like the KIT option is no longer available. Do you have an updated solution?

Audiocom
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi there! We would also like this feature. We have 3 locations under the same brand each with their own business FB page. we would like to embed the single webstore store in each page

thevault
Excursionist
12 0 10
We also need this! We have two storefronts in different states and each has their own Instagram/Facebook accounts
shrbster
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Alex,

I'm just getting started on Shopify, so wanted to check if there's any update on this feature? Similar to the other users here, I need have multiple related brands (marketed separately on FaceBook and Instagram) but sold on the same store (mainly for cross-selling and shipping cost discounts to customers).

Thanks a bunch! 

Mustafa

Cauvee
Visitor
1 0 0

I need this too! I’m a lifestyle brand, coach, consultant, and musician hybrid. I still courses, music, and consulting services. Additionally, we sell swag like merchandise, shirts, mugs, etc. I would prefer the merchandise to go on our other page legacy driven swag, the music to go on our music page, and anything directly related to consultant or coach my page.  Yet all use same pixel diff segmentation.  

M_Nagib
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Alex,

This will be a great feature that will help. I cureently work with a company that owns different brands each one has a separate FB page while selling all of them from the same shop.

RobertJC
4 0 0

Two companies cannot be setup as there is a bug. The first will work but when you try and complete the second it takes you in a loop of needing to finish the setup of the FB Shopify integration. 

If this is by design why not indicate so as finding this thread in itself a mission.

learnerl
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello has a solution been found yet? I have 3 brands under 1 shopify store, which I want to link to 3 different facebook/ Instagram pages. I just choose which items to show from the catalog from within facebook items. 

Simply put I want to have my 1 shopify store linked to 3 facebook shop pages, can someone please show how this is done? 

JerBear
Tourist
4 0 17

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the response! I understand the limitation. My reasoning is a company I'm working with has two different brands, but all under the same business. It would be counter protuctive to have to make an additional store in terms of handeling accounting and inventory purposes instead of having the two facebook pages link to one store and then have selective products shown for each of the facebook pages.

Danygod
Visitor
1 0 0

We have exactly the same situation

Steve17
Shopify Partner
1 0 6

Hi Alex,

I would also love this feature! We are synced with our store's facebook page (BridgeSet Sound - music store) but also run several interactive groups out of our shop (South Street Ukulele Club, Secret Synth Society, Didge Life Philly) and would like to sync the relevant collections from BridgeSet Sound to each page. 

For example, we would like to create 3 or 4 collections related to south street ukulele club. The collections would be - featured ukuleles, uke accessories, ukulele lessons and apparel.

Another example - having a featured collection of didgeridoos on the Didge Life Philly page. 

Please advise as we would love to get this up and running ASAP.

Thank you,

steve

Beyers_Erasmus
Visitor
1 0 3

Hi Alex, 

This would be great! 

I've got an online market with multiple vendors and would love to give them the option to have their products posted on their own facebook page. 

Thank you

Beyers

Dolores_Didiot
Visitor
1 0 5

Hi Alex, we would also find this helpful as we have two Facebook pages - The Franklin Mint and Franklin Mint Coins.  Please let us know if this option becaomes available.

Dolores

Simon_Broadley
Visitor
2 0 6

Hi Alex,

We also have a need for this.  We support two brands from our store, and I would like to have one brand linked to their specific FB and Instagram, then the other brand linked to their own FB and Instagram.  These brands do not mind being sold next to each other, but they can't be marketed to the same audience.  Please escalate this feature, thanks!

Damian_Ford
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi Alex, I also have multiple Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts as my business distributes three brands. But all three brands are sold from my Shopify store.

Nygaard
Tourist
3 0 6

Hi there.

I've found a solution for this.

Shopify does not currently support linking multiple Facebook stores to your Shopify store, however, I found a method that resolves this.

The solution can be a bit messy, as you have to have multiple Facebook Business Accounts for each of your pages.

You will also have to connect your current Shopify (or KIT) product feed to your separate Facebook Business Accounts.

Here's how I pulled it off:

1. I had already used KIT for Shopify, so Kit had automatically set up my Shopify stores product feed in my Facebook Business Account.

- You may need to use other workarounds for this, if you are not using KIT.

2. I visited my Facebook Business Account and headed to the Catalogs section. Here I had my KIT product feed which updates my Facebook store's products automatically.

3. Go to Product Data Sources.

Click 'view feed details'.

On one of the recent feed uploads managed by kit, click 'view report'.

Double click the partially showing data feed URL and hit CTRL + C.

Then paste it into a new browser window, to verify that you got some mashed up CSV information that should resemble product information.

The link should look like this: "https :// facebook- dpa. s3 .amazonaws. com/ facebook-product-feed-production/XXXXXX. csv", where XXXXXX resembles your unique data feed source.

4. Go to your other pages' Facebook Business Accounts and create (a) new catalogue(s).

Paste the data feed URL into the catalogue.

Your products SHOULD now show up on multiple Facebook pages in the shop section at the same time.

You may have to set up the shop section on the "new" Facebook pages with a dummy product before attempting what I did.

Because that's how I tested it and it worked for me.

I'm aware that my guide isn't that great, but the most important steps should be there.

I just wanted to save someone some hours of wasted researching like I did.

This IS possible, and you don't need a Shopify integration feature to make it work, since the Facebook page shop is simply a Facebook feature that ALSO ALLOWS for integration from third party partners.

Good luck.

Feel free to ask me if you stumble upon some issues.

By the way, Facebook doesn't care where your products are from. Simply put, you just upload a data feed and this could also be done by inputting a data feed, perhaps after manually exporting your product catalog from Shopify.

My solution should update the product feed automatically, however I set it up 10 minutes before writing this reply, so I haven't been able to test it.

Nygaard
Tourist
3 0 6

Update: This method works on multiple Facebook shops and updates the feeds automatically.

I am not sure whether this works with different collections or not.

@Nygaard wrote:

Hi there.

I've found a solution for this.

Shopify does not currently support linking multiple Facebook stores to your Shopify store, however, I found a method that resolves this.

The solution can be a bit messy, as you have to have multiple Facebook Business Accounts for each of your pages.

You will also have to connect your current Shopify (or KIT) product feed to your separate Facebook Business Accounts.

Here's how I pulled it off:

1. I had already used KIT for Shopify, so Kit had automatically set up my Shopify stores product feed in my Facebook Business Account.

- You may need to use other workarounds for this, if you are not using KIT.

2. I visited my Facebook Business Account and headed to the Catalogs section. Here I had my KIT product feed which updates my Facebook store's products automatically.

3. Go to Product Data Sources.

Click 'view feed details'.

On one of the recent feed uploads managed by kit, click 'view report'.

Double click the partially showing data feed URL and hit CTRL + C.

Then paste it into a new browser window, to verify that you got some mashed up CSV information that should resemble product information.

The link should look like this: "https :// facebook- dpa. s3 .amazonaws. com/ facebook-product-feed-production/XXXXXX. csv", where XXXXXX resembles your unique data feed source.

4. Go to your other pages' Facebook Business Accounts and create (a) new catalogue(s).

Paste the data feed URL into the catalogue.

Your products SHOULD now show up on multiple Facebook pages in the shop section at the same time.

You may have to set up the shop section on the "new" Facebook pages with a dummy product before attempting what I did.

Because that's how I tested it and it worked for me.

I'm aware that my guide isn't that great, but the most important steps should be there.

I just wanted to save someone some hours of wasted researching like I did.

This IS possible, and you don't need a Shopify integration feature to make it work, since the Facebook page shop is simply a Facebook feature that ALSO ALLOWS for integration from third party partners.

Good luck.

Feel free to ask me if you stumble upon some issues.

By the way, Facebook doesn't care where your products are from. Simply put, you just upload a data feed and this could also be done by inputting a data feed, perhaps after manually exporting your product catalog from Shopify.

My solution should update the product feed automatically, however I set it up 10 minutes before writing this reply, so I haven't been able to test it.

StoreAutomator
Tourist
15 0 2
if you are looking a solution for two FB catalog but one shopify store we can help you to achieve that. you will one one shopify store connected to our app and you will create to separate fb catalog for two different fb page all managed by one centralized locatiolet me know if you need help contact us at storeautomator
Sirtexlot
Visitor
1 0 0

Have you found a good way to seperate products on your shopify store to allow for filtering on the seperate FB catalogs. ie.... have the one data upload to several FB stores, but then filter inside fb to only show certain items on each store. ie... shopify has 3 items, FB store has item 1, FB store2 has item 2, FB store3 has item 3?

redstarsurf
Visitor
1 0 0

any ideas how to do it without KIT?

TAMNGUYEN
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nygaard,

It sounds really great and I just tried to do as your instruction but I got stucked. I just get the KIT for my store then I went on my facebook account but under the product data sources it shows nothing. Could you help me solve this problem. I really appreciate that.

Thanks

Mochi
Tourist
4 0 2
Hi Nygaard. I’ll try your solution but does FB allow us to create multiple business manager accounts?

Nygaard
Tourist
3 0 6

@JerBear@Alex23@Beyers_Erasmus@Dolores_Didiot@Simon_Broadley @Steve17, @Damian_Ford@Fleurs

Please see my solution below if you still need help.

nostatik
Tourist
8 0 0
So using this we could post 2 different collections in our shopify store to 2 separateFB pages

miloboutiquemx
7 0 0

Hello! Do you find something? 

shrbster
Visitor
2 0 0
Nope. Still waiting on Shopify.
seastarbeauty
Visitor
1 0 0

Has this been resolved, or is there any way to get around it?

JackPM
Visitor
1 0 0

It's possible if you create an RSS feed instead of connecting directly to Shopify. Install a Shopify app that creates an RSS feed of your products with an auto-update feature. Then on FB create a new catalog, set the data source to manual and point it to the RSS feed of your products. You can then create a new shop with another of your pages as the sales channel and using the new catalog. You can set the sales to be fulfilled on FB itself or redirect to Shopify to keep all transactions in one place.

PetsBaker
Visitor
1 0 0

Yes. I need that too. One Shopify website with 2 FB account. I have 2 brands. 😊

SamB080
Tourist
6 0 1

For anyone interested, I found a great solution for this... the Facebook, Google Shopping Feed  app. 

Allows multiple feeds to different Facebook shops and the product/collection filtering works great. I now have seperate feeds feeding 3 individual Facebook shops, all from the same Shopify store catalogue. 

Cheers, Sam.

Rockinwellness
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Sam, Can we connect? I am stuck with linking multiple facebook account to one Shopify. Could you help me please? My email address is Milton@studioharrison.com

Rockinwellness
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Sam, Can we connect? I am stuck with linking multiple facebook account to one Shopify. Could you help me please? My email address is Milton@studioharrison.com

CBOak
Visitor
1 0 0

Worked perfectly thank you 

malloryl6
Visitor
1 0 1

Unfortunately the underlined link Sam initially inputting is bringing me to an error page. What is the specific app name you used? Thank you!