Local Delivery Location Selector? Any app

Solved
Yunus1711
Excursionist
20 0 2

Hi all,

I have been finding an app/plugin that would feature as a pop-up for customers as they can select their area which would be linked in automatically by filling up the postal code field at checkout.

My business runs locally and my delivery runs using the postal code method as to why I am trying to find a way where I can make the filling up of the postal code unnecessary as the customer selects the delivery area through the pop up.

Anyway this can be done, it would be great as most of my customers are unaware of their respected area postal code.

I am also using the Canopy theme, if that can be useful in anyway as well.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Yunus1711 

Just to clarify, do you want your customers to have an option before checking out to enter their postal code in order to complete their order because you only deliver to select local regions? But you want the customer to select their region as opposed to entering their own postal code?

I have not come across an app that can accomplish this. In this case, you could hire a Shopify expert to create a custom solution for you. Our Shopify experts directory can be found here. With that said, it's standard practice for businesses that deliver locally to do so via postal code entry. Most people know their postal code and even if they don't off the top of their head, a quick Google search will allow them to get that info. I'd recommend going that way as there are plenty of local delivery apps that operate under the postal code method. Which is more affordable than hiring a developer for a custom app.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1592 196 356

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Yunus1711 

Just to clarify, do you want your customers to have an option before checking out to enter their postal code in order to complete their order because you only deliver to select local regions? But you want the customer to select their region as opposed to entering their own postal code?

I have not come across an app that can accomplish this. In this case, you could hire a Shopify expert to create a custom solution for you. Our Shopify experts directory can be found here. With that said, it's standard practice for businesses that deliver locally to do so via postal code entry. Most people know their postal code and even if they don't off the top of their head, a quick Google search will allow them to get that info. I'd recommend going that way as there are plenty of local delivery apps that operate under the postal code method. Which is more affordable than hiring a developer for a custom app.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog