Looking for an app to add custom names to products that shows a live product preview.

momalley
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello! 

I am looking for an app that allows customers to add a name to a tshirt. The tshirt will have a design on it already, but the name field will be customizable. The font and placement will stay the same, only the text itself will change. I am having trouble finding an app that does this and also shows a live product preview with their customized name.

Can someone please point me in the direction of an app that can do this? Or is this something that will require custom code and therefor require hiring an expert? 

Thanks in advance!

Merrill 

Replies 5 (5)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

You want to look on the app store for 'product personalization' , 'product options', or 'product builder' , etc.

I can certainly be done with a theme customization  but on-product previews of decent fidelity can be a tricky  & expensive business to get right , better handled by a dedicated app until your established and need something not available off the shelf from the app store.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @momalley,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. Welcome to Shopify Community!

Regarding this, you can refer to some print-on-demand apps such as EPROLO POD, SPOD, etc These apps are friendly customizer and users could see the preview of their customized name. 

I hope my answer will be helpful to you and hope you will find the best one for your store. 

Best of luck!

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

iCart_App
Shopify Partner
479 57 103

Hello @momalley,

Hope you are doing well.

Hope this app can help you out with adding text to the product and show live preview to your customers: https://apps.shopify.com/live-product-options

iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell App

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more visit www.identixweb.com

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @momalley 

There is a great app called Product Personalizer by Zepto Apps that accomplishes exactly what you are looking for. They feature a live customization view so you can see the text changes as you edit the text fields. Feel free to take a look at their free app demo to see it in action.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

eFoli-Marvic
Shopify Partner
223 40 39

Hello @Momalley

Have you got your solution?  

INKYBAY can be the solution to these requirements. It has the feature where you can let your customers design the way they want. They can add their preferred text, change the color of that text and move the text and set on the area they want to keep the text. They can see the added text live and fix it if they want.

The app is loaded with features like image upload, clipart, product option, predefined template, and many more. It also has its own inventory management system.

Also, you can use an extra price for each of the changes if you want. The good thing about this app is while customization your customer can see the price change live. It will help them with their budget also.

Have a look at this DEMO product. Here if you click on the “ADD TEXT” button, you will be able to add your preferred text and change the color as per your requirements and can change the position as well. If you don't want to offer other buttons on the design lab you can disable the other options as well. Also, you can hide those buttons.

This INKYBAY app has a lot more features to explore. The best part about this app is the customer support. You can definitely give it a try by using its 21 Days free trial.

Inkybay Add text (T-Shirt customization)Inkybay Add text (T-Shirt customization)

Marvic | EFOLI
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Checkout our apps:Inkybay || MultiVariants