Looking for an App to allow my customers to request “hold and combined” shipping. I’m

mroberts327
Tourist
9 0 1

I’m looking for an app or other solution to allow my customers to select a “hold for later” option at checkout instead of paying for shipping right away. This would allow them to combine multiple purchases over the month and save in shipping. 

Replies 3 (3)

CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
79 1 4

Hi,

How does the ideal user experience looks like? I'm not sure if I understood the scenario correctly. 

If the customer chooses "hold for later" at checkout, will they be able to purchase the item without paying for shipping? Why would you want this option at checkout versus just allowing them to add to cart and combine purchases there?

It's an interesting use case and I would love to learn more.

Cheers,

Courtney

mroberts327
Tourist
9 0 1

I think you get the general gist.  Basically, in my business, products get added for preorder daily.  Customers pay upfront for everything.  Now, if a new product comes out a day later that they also want, they will have to pay shipping again or contact me to combine it manually

CourtneyMiller
Excursionist
79 1 4

I see. What you are describing sounds like it can be done using Order Merger: https://apps.shopify.com/order-merger.

It can merge orders together after the customers made separate orders, and allow for shipping refund. But it sounds like you want to grant the "hold for later" option for the customers and allow them to exclude shipping right away, which is not the case with Order Merger. 

If you have more specific requirements, and can't find the right app for it, this sounds like something we can help you build if you are interested. Would you consider a customized app for your store? You can check us out at shypyard.io. We are Shopify Expert-certified and we'd love to talk with you if you need any help.

Cheers,

Courtney