Mail app to send gift email to recipient

Cwat8
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello all!

Looking for recommendations for a mail app that will allow me to send an email to the recipient of a gift purchase. I know Shopify only allows only one automatic email and I would like that to still go to the gift giver.

My site is currently set up with a form that gathers the recipient's name/email/gift message, and I am looking for an app that will dynamically take that information from the cart notes or product attribute and send a preset gift email to the recipient. 

Thank you in advance!

Replies 7 (7)

matbaker
Explorer
43 7 13

@Cwat8 

Are you using any of the mailing apps like Klaviyo or Mailchimp? 

A simple flow could be set up. This flow would be triggered anytime order with gift item is placed and all the data would be passed to Klaviyo/Mailchim. There you would have your email template defined. This email would be sent to a recipient. 

Let me know if it works for you.

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂
Cwat8
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey!

Thanks for getting back to me. So we are using Klaviyo and I sorted out how to trigger a flow if the order has a tag of "gift". I believe I am also able to access the orders line_item.properties or cart.attributes to get the email address of the recipient of the gift. The wall I am running into is being able to then send an email to that specific address. I cant find anywhere in Klaviyo where you are able to change the recipient's email address. 

matbaker
Explorer
43 7 13

Hey,

I reckon you would need to use Klaviyo Track API. 

Using HTTP request you would call this API anytime an order is placed and pass all variables you need to create an email. With Track API you specify profile email address that would receive your email. 

There might be simpler approach that I am not aware of, but the above one would work 100%. 

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂
Not applicable

Hi @Cwat8,

Our custom app “PDF Certificates” would be a good candidate to handle this for you.

It’s a minimal and simple app meant to be customized based on the requirements.

It connects to Shopify Order Webhooks and sends emails with PDF attachments.

The user interface doesn’t allow for customization but I’m here to personally setup the backend logic and emails so that you’re shop is sending gift emails from your mail server

Simply reply or contact me directly and I will set you up with an install link.

lschless
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Cwat! 

Did you ever find a solution to this? We're getting stuck on the exact same issue.

Thanks,

Lanie

Pandaflow
Excursionist
50 0 6

You will be able to do this with Pandaflow. Basically, if you are collecting the email addresses of the recipient as a part of the order you can trigger the email to that email address after the order is completed.

See an example here https://www.suryaspa.com/products/nourish-restore-abhyanga-shirodara

In this example, we read the email of the recipient from the order and send a Gift Certificate email to the recipient.

Feel free to reach out to hello@pandaflow.io if you need help setting this up.

Cwat8
Tourist
7 0 1
Hey!

We ended up using Integromat to create a scenario that retrieves our custom form data and pushes it to Klaviyo. This creates a new customer in Klaviyo and a flow is triggered to send the email. We will eventually make this more robust with direct API calls to Klaviyo. 

Hope that helps!