Multiple Users / Profiles / Logins under one Shopify account

Kieron
Tourist
36 0 0

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure this isn't a feature in Shopify (nor is there any 'work-around' - not even an account merge feature!). But is there a 3rd party app that can support multiple logins / users / profiles under one Shopify customer account?

We work with businesses, and there are multiple people in these businesses that would like to login and use our shop. Our issue is that not all people will know the email address nor password to use to order - and there's no way for us to share the password details with another person in the business.

I'm hoping there's an app that will work in a way that someone can login using their own email and password, and an order created by them is placed under the top-level / business account rather than an individual persons account.

With all the apps out there, it's hard to find one that works!

Kind regards,

Kieron

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1178 137 255

Hey, @Kieron 

That is correct, an account is a singular login with an email and a password. It's not possible to 'split' an account into several emails and passwords. This would simply be multiple staff accounts. Shopify supports the ability to add multiple staff accounts that you can have groups of people in the business share or each have their own unique login. You can learn more about staff accounts from our help center.

With that said, I'm curious to know what you're looking to accomplish in terms of your business's workflow? Are you working with wholesale clients that you want to give them access to place orders?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kieron
Tourist
36 0 0

Hi Dirk,

I mean accounts for the customer, not staff accounts.

Sorry for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Kieron

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1178 137 255

Hey, @Kieron 

Sorry for the confusion there! With that said, each customer account is handled similarly to Shopify staff accounts. Each account will account for a singular login.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes