Need an App that Allows us to add serial numbers to an invoice or order #

VanessaPacheco
Tourist
7 0 0

We have serial numbers for our products, we need to be able to add serial numbers to the order. We also need better search functions as I can add serial numbers to the notes section, but if I need to search what order number a certain serial number went to, I can not search for that. I searched the forums and came up empty. How do I either add serial numbers, or get the search feature to search the notes section as well?

Replies 4 (4)

mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

This can be achieved by using a custom app. An app which would be tailored made to exactly meet your requirements. 

If you would like to take this path and discuss this in detail, please feel free to send me a dm. 

VanessaPacheco
Tourist
7 0 0
What App? I have seen no apps that offer this.
mkamalkayani
Shopify Partner
87 8 15

I mean a new custom app for your store only that fulfils your requirement. Custom apps are different then those on the App Store. 

Galmis
Shopify Partner
35 0 11

Hi @VanessaPacheco,

If you're still looking for a solution, I think Serializer - Product Tracking does precisely what you need. With the app, you can associate serial numbers with order line items and easily search the sold products by serial numbers. So you wouldn't need to use order notes and spend a lot of time trying to find which exact product went to which customer/order.