new shopify merchant ID

Trézo-Noir
1 0 0

I can't connect Facebook nor Instagram as well as google with my current Shopify account. Need major help on either changing to a new one or a resolution. Can anyone help?

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 119 150

Hey @Trézo-Noir,

Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'd love to understand a bit more about this in order to help you out, but for now, I'll work to the assumption that you are unable to connect the Facebook and Google Sales Channels to your Shopify admin.

The first thing I would like you to do is delete the Facebook Sales Channel completely. You can do that by going to Settings > Sales Channel and clicking Remove:

21-10-r308q-m8spz

Once it has been deleted, wait about 30 seconds, refresh your page, and then re-add the Facebook Sales Channel by clicking on the green "Add sales channel" button:

21-10-afxzp-zc0bf

Once Facebook and Google have been re-added, see if you are able to complete the setup for both channels:

Shopify merchant ID

The Merchant ID associated with your shop is not something that will be found via your admin, our support team would need to provide this directly. In order to gain a new Merchant ID, this would require you to open up a brand new account. In doing so, you would need to recreate your current store which would be a lot of work! So we can further troubleshoot this issue together could you please respond to this thread answering the following:

• Are you met with any errors when attempting to connect Facebook / Google? If so, please provide screenshots

• Are you able to connect to any other sales channels such as eBay?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog