How can I create a smoothly scrolling slide show on my website?

Dhrkrijt
4 0 0

Hi Shopify Community,

I noticed that there is a new trend in slide shows that I have already come across on several websites.

The difference with the usual slide shows with, for example, products or collections is that the slide show does not jump but scrolls smoothly as if it were in some kind of iframe with a vertical scrollbar. 

Does anyone happen to know if there is an app available.

The website https://www.sonofatailor.com/ is an example of what I mean (mobile website).

Kind Regards, 

Jim

Replies 3 (3)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi @Dhrkrijt !

I had a look at the site you mentioned, and I'm not sure I'm 100% clear on what you're looking for. I noticed that this store uses video in their slideshows, and videos fade automatically into the next one, is this what you mean? 

If yes, I looked on the app store and found SmartBN: Banner Slider, have you seen this option? They offer 40+ types of sliders (including a fade option) as well as video banners. 

Let me know what you think!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Dhrkrijt
4 0 0

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your comment.

If you scroll down a bit on their site you will see a headline with "Whats New" and below that they have a number of products in a slide show, this is what I meant.

I should have explained it a little more clearly, sorry. 😊

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Ah gotcha, no worries! Thanks for clarifying. I searched for "Product carousel" and "Product slider" in the app store and found a few potential options for you:

You could also look into some custom coding for this if you don't love the look/feel of the app options that are available! Let us know what you think of these options. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.