Why does my app say 'No Connection' even with good internet?

Feliciam95
Visitor
1 0 3

I’m trying to open my app to complete orders but I’m getting an error message, No Connection check your WiFi or internet. Ive deleted the app updated reinstalled and still this message my internet is working fine. I need to complete orders this is annoying that this keeps happening.

Replies 11 (11)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi there, @Feliciam95.

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your Shopify mobile app. I have some troubleshooting steps that will be helpful for you. 

The first thing I recommend is verifying that your device's software and mobile app are up to date. Updating these often solve most common issues!

If you confirm the device and app are up to date and you're still running into issues, your next steps will depend on whether you're using an Apple iOS or an Android device. Please follow the relevant steps:

Shopify Mobile App for iOS

1. Open your device and navigate to Settings
  2. Scroll down to the Shopify app and click to open its settings
  3. Scroll down and toggle remove all sessions on next launch to on

19-28-26923-52672

Shopify Mobile App for Android

1. Open your device and navigate to Settings
  2. Select Apps & Notifications > App Info
  3. Choose the Shopify Mobile app
  4. Click Storage
  5. Select both Clear Cache & Clear Data

19-52-96213-65261

If you try these steps out, please let me know if it resolves your issue! And if you have any more questions, let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MarkUltra
Visitor
1 0 1

Well, I think the problem is that your application is not working correctly, I don't even know, this is most likely a problem of the developers because it's hardly your Internet's fault. And by the way, I want to say that, for example, my friends and I have an Ajax security system installed at home and we all have their mobile application downloaded and no one has ever had any problems with it. The application always has access to the Internet, which is very convenient. And we have different providers, but the application is just well optimized.

TEAMA
Visitor
1 0 3

Tried all this and I still get that error message when trying to open up "products" from my Android phone 

karavancl
Tourist
5 0 2

i'm facing the same issue on almost all my employees mobile devices, in some of them the clear cache and app reinstallation worked, in some others still can't connect. It must be a Shopify app issue, please report it. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi there, @karavancl and @TEAMA.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Shopify mobile app. If you've tried the above troubleshooting steps and are still receive an error message, I recommend contacting our live support team. I'm unable to provide account-specific support through the Community Forums, but if you get in touch through the Help Center, we can review your device logs. When it comes to reaching out to our live Support line, I'll provide some steps here to make it easier:

1. Head over to this link: Contact Shopify Support · Shopify Help Center or in your mobile app select Store Support
  2. Log in (recommended) or Continue without logging in
  3. Select the support topic that best suits your inquiry (such as Account or Store settings)
  4. Scroll down to where it says Get support and select one of the available support options

You'll then be connected with a Support Advisor who can look into your account and investigate the issue. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify 

nabteh
Visitor
1 0 0

Still not working on android. The error appears on products screen.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @nabteh!

I'm sorry to hear you're also having an issue with your mobile app. I recommend contacting our live support team (I provided the steps in a message above) so our team can have a look and take note of the number of users affected by this.

Thank you for sharing this!

Greta | Shopify 

WineEarth
Visitor
1 0 0

I have this issue too for the past 4 weeks. Infuriating. The proposed fix doesn’t work. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @WineEarth.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your app. Which device are you trying to access the Shopify app on? Are you getting this error message on a specific page or when you try to use the app at all?

I look forward to helping you further!

Greta | Shopify 

Daniella7
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi i just payed for this and to be honest it is not even allowing me to build my store it's not allowing me to upload products. Getting the same no Internet error from the above customer. So I'm really disappointed if i have to still pay even if only a £1 and still cannot even put products up. Why are you still having the same issue from years ago. The company has grown. Also I did the things the above comment suggested and also followed what you said for android. My ogine is huwaei p20 pro. Please fix this ASAP

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 141

Hi, @Daniella7!

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Shopify mobile app. I recommend getting in touch with us directly so we can review things on our end. To do so, head over to the Help Center, enter the details of your issue into the chat assistant, and click I still need help to be connected with a Support Advisor. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this!

Greta | Shopify