Solved

No Option to Remove Shopify Inbox App

Diane_Melen
Excursionist
18 0 6

Unlike a previous post that was answered, I do not see an option to REMOVE the app "Shopify Inbox" . 

What am I missing?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Diane_Melen!

I saw your post and wanted to reach out and help you on this. You would be correct in saying that there is no option to delete/remove the Shopify Inbox app from the apps' admin.

To remove the app, you can head to sales channels, click the + sign and then select manage sales channels.

16-25-80267-17176

After selecting manage sales channels, you should see the option to 'remove' Shopify Inbox as a sales channel.

16-37-79478-39981

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations. BFCM is one of the biggest sales weekends of the year and sees the start of the holiday season as well. Every year my go-to is this BFCM Checklist. It allows me to make sure that I am making the best use of my time and resources, and it really helps take the pressure off by starting early. It is well worth the read should you be interested!

Have a great day.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Diane_Melen!

I saw your post and wanted to reach out and help you on this. You would be correct in saying that there is no option to delete/remove the Shopify Inbox app from the apps' admin.

To remove the app, you can head to sales channels, click the + sign and then select manage sales channels.

16-25-80267-17176

After selecting manage sales channels, you should see the option to 'remove' Shopify Inbox as a sales channel.

16-37-79478-39981

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

I don't know if you have anything planned for BFCM this year, but now is the time to make some preparations. BFCM is one of the biggest sales weekends of the year and sees the start of the holiday season as well. Every year my go-to is this BFCM Checklist. It allows me to make sure that I am making the best use of my time and resources, and it really helps take the pressure off by starting early. It is well worth the read should you be interested!

Have a great day.

RACHEL7
Tourist
11 0 1

I found the place you go to remove the app but the app doesn't remove from my store, There are other bugs with it, it won't show on the front of my store for people to click on and when I change from open view to closed window view, it doesn't save my change at all.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hey @RACHEL7.

It seems removing the app from the online store is a bit trickier than we thought, but there's a way for us to remove it from your customer-facing website too. It will still appear in your admin under sales channels, but customers won't actually be able to use it. Would that suit?

1. Click on the Inbox button on the left side of the admin page.

2. Scroll down under overview then you should see this option called appearance:

3. Under appearance mark the chat visibility as not visible.

4. Save the settings and double check on your customer-facing website that the chat function is turned off. 

In regard to the issue with the option for the closed/open chat window, it might be best to reach out to support directly so that they can test this and troubleshoot that function further for you. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

All the best!

RACHEL7
Tourist
11 0 1

No, that wouldn't really suit me. The app doesn't show for my customers, if it doesn't work, I want it off my backend, It should be looked at and fixed. It's been over a week, it doesn't remove, it doesn't show on my front end and it doesn't keep settings that I set in appearance. It's broken and no one is fixing it on the Shopify end and if I was paying for this app like all my other apps, I would give the app developer a horrible review at this point and never use their apps again. Maybe you should let your supervisor and tech department know, it's ridiculous at this point. If your going to add a new function to the Shopify admin for your paying customers, debug it and make sure it works properly and when it doesn't, fix it! I have escalated tickets (27454491 & 27433151) in about it, doesn't seem to matter, I have gotten no where with this, it's utterly frustrating. 

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hi @RACHEL7.

Thank you for letting me know the current situation with the app and that you have open tickets with our support. I can appreciate that this is frustrating and that if the app isn't working as expected why you would like to have it removed. I am very sorry to hear this. As much as I would love to be able to be the one to solve this for you, we cannot provide account specific support here in the Community forums, however you did the next best thing contacting support here.

If you have escalated tickets with technical team then you are definitely in the right hands here as they would be best equipped to help you resolve this. Our teams are working hard to get an answer for you - sometimes depending on the case the wait time can vary, but I appreciate your patience and feedback in the meantime!
While I'm not able to provide an exact timeline for when you will hear back, rest assured they will get back to you as soon as possible.