OAuth flow for React App with Node Backend (split) | Admin embedded App

Chompas
Tourist
12 0 9

Hi,

I currently have the following setup to try to authenticate an Admin Embedded Public App.

• Frontend React app with latest version of App Bridge 2.0
  • Backend Node app using shopify-api-node

I'm struggling with the whole OAuth flow and trying different options since the documentation is not clear enough on how it should work.

What I have right now is:

App url points to a url in my frontend react app (frontend-domain/install), that page grabs all the query params (hmac, shop, timestamp, etc.) and redirects to a backend-domain/auth (which I've added to the list of callback urls) where the logic to validate the request happens and afterwards tries to redirect to frontend-domain/home. I do receive the install prompt and the app gets installed but then when I try to use app bridge in the frontend (everything is wrapped in a Provider component as the doc suggests) and then I get a `Cannot complete OAuth process. Could not find an OAuth cookie for shop url`.

I don't know what's wrong. I've found some post of people being able to have a frontend and backend separate domains and still make this work but the entire Shopify documentation and examples circle in a single app that does everything together.

Is the app setting for app url correct? Should I do a redirect or a GET request?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I've been stuck for weeks on this trying different approach.

Reply 1 (1)
LazyRaccoon
1 0 0

Hello. I've been having a similar problem. Were you able to figure this out?