How can I boost my online store's speed?

timeandmotion_c
Excursionist
59 0 8

Hi, I would like to know how to increase my store Speed.

I have read most of the information that is available, I am none the wiser on some aspects !

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

jcoak
Replies 2 (2)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

Try scanning your site with this scanner that is tailored to Shopify https://analyze.speedboostr.com/

It will give you a breakdown of some key factors you can improve on.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @timeandmotion_c 

I'd recommend running your site through the Shopify Analyzer. It's a free tool our team built for the Shopify community. Thanks @Nick_Marketing for linking it too!

If any optimization opportunities are present, it'll give you some great feedback on what can be done to improve your site's performance. We have an in-depth guide you can reference as well: How to Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide to Faster Load Speed.

The main things you'll want to consider are:

• Lazy loading: This defers the loading of images until the user needs to see them. This way you aren't loading them all up at once.
  • Image optimization: Serving correct image sizes, compressing images to reduce their file sizes, using correct file formats (JPG instead of PNG for non-transparent images), etc.
  • App usage: You want to limit your list of installed apps to only include ones that are absolutely essential. If you don't need it or it's not providing value, I'd uninstall it. You'll then want to comb through your theme's main files to ensure the uninstalled app's code was removed completely (common problem for old app code to be left behind).

Those are some big ones, but you can check out the free guide I linked above for all of our optimization recommendations. If you need any help, please feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact. Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)