Order not produced, app not willing to issue a refund

sdgoose
Visitor
2 0 0

I have been waiting over a month for my orders to be made, the companies (Electric Creations & SKYOU) isn't responding to any of my emails. I have asked for a refund but haven't received it. Also there is no cancellation button on neither of their websites to cancel an order. What would be my next step?

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hi @sdgoose!

This is Lana from Shopify Support.

I understand that this is a frustrating situation for you, so I would like to see how I can help you out. Before we get to look into this further, I just wanted to confirm a couple of things with you. 
First of all, could you verify for me if you are referring to either of the apps below:

If neither of those apps are the one that you're having the issue with, please do give me a link here so I can check it out.

Also, I wanted to check - did they decline to refund app fees, or if you are referring to a way to refund orders created within the app?
If it is a case that they are not approving a refund for the app after you have contacted them, we are unable to take any action on our part as the refund is entirely up to the app developers.

If you are referring to an in-app issue with there being no refund option, due to this being a third party app, all support requests would have to be directed to them as well. You did mention that your emails went unanswered, so I was wondering if you have already tried looking at their developer website? You can usually find a link to it on the app listing in our Shopify App Store on the right hand side when you scroll down, it will look like this:

Lana_0-1618995126502.png

It is possible that they may have some alternative contact options there, so I do suggest checking it out. 

Lastly, would you like to tell me a little bit more about how the app works and what you used it for? Just in the case that you don't get to resolve it with the developers, I could help you look into an alternative option.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

sdgoose
Visitor
2 0 0

Both apps I was in communication with, both expressed that there was complications with their production system. One promised that the order would be shipped out two weeks ago. One just stopped communication period. Neither app has an option to cancel orders or even edit them. Last time I spoke with someone from Electric Creation was on the 3rd of April they promised that my order would've  been shipped earlier that week and still nothing. SKYOU I haven't heard anything from them since the 8th of April. 

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

I completely understand what you mean.

The best process for this is to reach out to our support team here and let them know, so they can take the relevant next steps for when this happens. When you speak to someone on that team, you can you share this community thread as a reference point for them.The reason for this process is because we aren't able to help account, partner or developer specific requests for authorisation reasons in the community currently. You can share what you have tried so far and take things from there.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog