Order Printer new Liquid error

JohnC
Shopify Partner
63 0 153
I am getting an error with the following lines of liquid code in order printer - which has worked for several years. The relevant lines are below:

{% for line_item in line_items %}
        {% if line_item.fulfillment %} - this line reports: Liquid error: internal - and the if test fails if the item has been fulfilled

{% endif %}
{% endfor %}  

As far as I can see from the liquid documentation this is still valid code. Please can some advise?

Thanks
John

Replies 14 (14)
Ash
Shopify Staff
772 86 128

Hey, @JohnC!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

I'm happy to help out with this situation. This is an error that we've seen come up before, and our developers have confirmed that this issue relates to the account permissions of the user attempting to print content using the Order Printer app. Moving forward, here are a few workarounds for you to consider: 

• Remove the erring fields from your templates, or use the default template
  • Give the 'Product' permission to the staff members who will be printing content
  • Print content from a staff account that has full permissions
  • Use a third-party application such as Sufio for invoice printing

The reason we're not able to remove this error from our end, is that it is a cosmetic error linked to staff permission, which could jeopardize the integrity of our platform if removed. We prioritize safeguarding our merchants information, and so using one or more of the above workarounds is the best option at this time. I hope this information helps moving forward, and feel free to reach out any time if you have further questions or concerns.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JohnC
Shopify Partner
63 0 153

Thanks @Ash for your reply. I am getting this error as the store owner when I have full permissions. I also checked the permissions on the app and it has:

This app has access to the following personal information:

• Customer names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, geolocations, IP addresses, and browser user agents

This app can access and modify your store‘s data:

• Read all orders
  • Read orders, transactions, and fulfillments
  • Read products, variants, and collections

It has been installed for 2-3 years at least. Does it need to be reninstalled?

Note it has been working perfectly until very recently.

John

Ash
Shopify Staff
772 86 128

Thank you for the additional information, @JohnC. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps. Could you please try the following and then get back to me with your results? 

• Ensure your internet browser is up to date
  • Clear your cache and cookies
  • Try in an incognito/ private browser session
  • Try another internet browser, and complete the above 3 steps again
  • Finally, try uninstalling, and reinstalling the app (if you take this step, you can copy the code from your custom templates before hand, and paste them into a document externally from Shopify to save them) 

If the issue continues after trying the above steps, please respond to this post and let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. 

JohnC
Shopify Partner
63 0 153

Hi @Ash 

Ok I've tried clearing the cache and running it on both latest Chrome and Safari and still the error occurs.

I then deleted and reinstalled Order Printer and the templates and still the error occurs

I then tried it on a test site and the error also occurs. 

Quite simply I think it is a bug - any access to line_item.fulfillment generates an error - as in the code here:

{% for line_item in line_items %}
          {% assign xxx = line_item.fulfillment %}   - this generates Liquid error: internal
   {% endfor %}

Regards

John

Ash
Shopify Staff
772 86 128

Thank you for the reply and the additional information, @JohnC

I've just sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Could you please reply to that email with your .myshopify.com URL, as well as a screenshot of the error you're getting? This will authenticate you, and once complete, I'll get our technicians to take a closer look into this issue with us. 

Looking forward to hearing back via email.

Excan-Nick
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Ash. I'm in a similar situation where I just started getting the same "Liquid error: internal" error message when using the order printer app. My order printer templates have been working fine for years without issues until just now.

Particular I am just having trouble with {{ customer.name }} returning the "Liquid error: internal message".

I have tried using {{ customer.first_name }} instead but am still getting the same error message.

All of my other liquid variables are rendering just fine, only the customer related ones are causing me issues.

The issue persists on all of my staff accounts, even that of the store owners so I know it's not a permission issue.

Here is the code I am using which is giving me the issue.

<div style="margin: 0 0 1em 0; border: 1px solid black;">
<h3 style="float: right; text-align: right; margin: 0;">
{{ "now" | date: "%m/%d/%y" }}<br /> </h3>
<h1>{{ customer.name }}</h1>
<h1>{{ order_name }}</h1>
</div>

Any help would be greatly apricated.

Comicsetc
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm in the same boat @Excan-Nick . Orders that came through yesterday look fine but all the ones that were made since are showing the Liquid error: internal in place of the customer name. 

limabean
1 0 1

Same thing is happening for me as well. Please advise on a fix as soon as possible, thank you.

RDS13
Tourist
5 0 2

Exactly the same issue. 

Printing labels using Order Printer for a year now. Today same labels have the Liquid Error: Internal.

RDS13_0-1637237522835.png